Yipee!!! 74 rwhp gain today

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay now. So I know the car had been fat rich for some time. Was surprised by how much today on the dyno though. After 10 long hours on the dyno I gained 74 rwhp and close to a 100 gain on the torque in the midrange. Boost was in the toiltet in the early pulls too. Eventually we found a PCV valve blowing by. Thats gone now so I am in the market for anyone one who can recommend a good cath can setup.

Here is the graphs:

You must be registered for see images attach

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Joe Donovan at PBJ for the catch can. I have it on my car as do many others on the board. Joe's # 314-781-3135/

Congrats on the HP and TQ gain. Very nice #'s.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your car didn't scare me before, it does now!!! Congrats on some awesome numbers. Out of curiosity, if you were rich before, what's your AFR now? (and what was it before?)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! I hope I never run across you on the street! I am not in the mood to tuck my tail between my legs and limp home any time soon!

Awesome gains!

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My boost was so up and down across the pulls it had us baffled for several hours. Thats why so many pulls. We finally pulled the air box, hooked up a leak down test on the Paxton intake and heard a wisp of air somewhere under the intake manifold. Also had air blowing out the valve cover vent on the even bank (passenger side). The next pull or two (I forget) the PCV blew off the intake mainifold. So we checked it, you could blow or **** in either direction. At that point we plugged it at the intake. Boost settled down, and was hitting 10lbs steady through the rest of the pulls. We then got A/F settled out and flat lined around 11:8, after that we got after timing a bit and continued the creep up in HP, but by then it had been 10 hrs and I said good enough after the 694 pull. We probaly could have landed in the 700"s had the tuner and I not been so shaking hungry and tired after 10 hours. It's good enough for me at this point..........

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What all do you have done?

Paxton, headers, R/T Cats, Corsa, B&G reflash, VEC 3, Upgraded injectors, extra in-tank fuel pump, didn't do the SS box obviously with the VEC, and also did away with the Paxton supplied fuel pumps in lieu of the extra in tank pump. Think that's it.........

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are those runs on a dyno jet? It would be cool if you could get the files from the dyno operator. With the winpep program, I can overlay Mike's, your's and mine on the same graph for comparison.

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are those runs on a dyno jet? It would be cool if you could get the files from the dyno operator. With the winpep program, I can overlay Mike's, your's and mine on the same graph for comparison.

Yes they are, I down loaded the Winpep program alreay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32