You get your WISH $3200.00 Supercharger

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy $h!t...$3200? TELL ME MORE!!!! What kind of power? What kind of blower are you using? Post pics. What kind of piping. How are you doing fuel management?

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried calling but the man stepped out. Anyone else have any luck with details? 3200 bucks, I'll take 2!!

Double Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,
I don't get here as often as I used to. When you have the details worked out would you please call me? 740-852-5280

I've got at least one "Double Venom" Cobra that has to have this modification!

DV

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K, guys I did call. Im not sure if Im supposed to say everythign he told me...but then again he never said not to. So here it is. He said it should be released in the next 30-60 days. It is supposed to be made by one of the major manufacturers. He did say it would be a centrifugal blower. Im not sure who, but I would guess, vortech, paxton, or powerdyne, or pro-charger since htey all make centrifugal blowers. It would include all fuel enrichment necessary, pipes,tubes, connectors, mount, pulley kit, belt, injectors, air filter. He also said it is taking so long because they are seeking california smog exemption. That means 50 states. I asked about power, but he didnt say.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a 1993 Z07 Corvette that had a Vortech Kit. The car had 17,000 miles when I did the install, 3 days, not too bad. I sold the car to a friend in 1998, he still has it. Last year at the Corvette Museum Labor Day Festival we dyno'ed the car, 64,000 miles at the time. The dyno reported 455 hp. The car has been driven nearly 40,000 miles with the blower and has no appreciable compression loss. I will be in line.

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant see a supercharger for a Viper selling for that low. You cant even buy a blower for say the(87-93)mustangs for that low. And they made/sold thousands of those.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW.... if they can produce a centrifugal kit for 3K, thats just AMAZING. I'll be in line for sure!

Since it's only 6psi, it may be a paxton model... or older ATI housing. Either way... in the words of cartman: "KICK A$$!"

MadMaxx

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by THEMASH:
I cant see a supercharger for a Viper selling for that low. You cant even buy a blower for say the(87-93)mustangs for that low. And they made/sold thousands of those.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. We all want the least expensive SC possible, but the price is too good to be true. It's not like they will make it up in volume sales. SVSI has a good reputation as far as I know and if they stand behind it, I'm fine with that.
I just don't want a band aid approach and lots of problems later where I was penny wise and pound foolish.
I am anxious to hear the specs and set up on this one.

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing Mark O broke into SVSI's email and sent that message to see what the reaction would be. That price is way low. Come on Mark, stop stealing email addresses.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the new variant of the KLEZ virus. In this version (.J432) it learned how to post.
laugh.gif
Can't wait to hear what the numbers are!

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, if the price is really $3,200 then SVSi don't make the kit. So there is no need to buy the kit from ANY Viper tuner, especially the one that starts a post like this. If it's a paxton, powerdyne etc. all the authorized dealers for that brand will be able to sell the kit and there are hundreds.

There are only 2 reasons I can see why someone would start this thread, then have no info to offer and will not tell a potential customers over the phone who even makes the kit. 1) just to f$@% with us or 2) to kill another's tuners DIY supercharger project

I will believe it when I see it. You know Paxton has been working on a supercharger kit since last summer, yes one full year. Don't know the status, but point being don't hold your breath (30-60 days... umm yea right)

As for the price of $3,200 it's BS!! That may be the wholesale price, but retail, don't think so. In the event the retail price is $3,200 I would not want it on my car because it's obviously not made by Paxton or Vortech.

Some specs, retail prices, manufacture, pics? BTW will this hurt sales of your $31,000 stage I (7 psi) supercharger package?
laugh.gif

Thanks

KingSnake97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Mike, can I call you Mike if you think about it for a second or two. The head unit for a paxton novi 2000 unit is in the range of $2400 plus lets say $800 to a $1000 for brackets plumbing and fuel management. Your looking at about $3200-$3400 for a kit. Thats not adding labor for the install, and a big company can produce in mass............... So it might be worth looking into. But with all respect to the Tunners SvSi, DLM, ROE, etc... they all did put "Blood, sweat and in many cases tears in there developments. My hat still goes of to them.

Turan

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any "kit" from a manufacturer is just their blower housing, brackets and some extra crap. The blower for a mustang is the same for a vette, just the brackets are different.

If SVSI has picked up a bulk order of blowers, and had brackes machined of their own specs, then whats the difference in their kit and a manuf.? I'm sure this is a no frills, non intercooled kit. His 7PSI kit is expensive but look at the numbers. It's also intercooled.

I'm guessing mild steel intake tubes, older style head unit (maybe), and brackets of his own design. Labor is the responsibility of the installer.

If you can't trust a 3K blower, then don't buy one. Same goes for any car I guess, but a 3400$ blower helped give me over 650RWHP on a car in the past so don't knock it.

MadMaxx

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I'll be the happiest person here if Paxton is making this kit with a street price of $3,200 so lets get some answers. Heck I'll even take a DLM Stage III kit for $3,200 (hint... hint
smile.gif
) but sadly I don't think either will ever be available at that price. So what's the big secret? The price is normally the very last thing given when a new product is released, not the first.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I actually saw this kit in the back of a Road & Track recently. It was called "The Tornado."

Seriously, whatever the facts turn out to be supporting this post, if any, posting such a cryptic statement knowing the interest it would attract and just letting it lie there is bush league. I don't know whether any of us deserve a $3,200 supercharger kit (much less whether any reputable tuner deserves to sell one given the obvious lack of margin involved), but we deserve better than to be ****** around on a Friday afternoon.

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadMaxx:
Any "kit" from a manufacturer is just their blower housing, brackets and some extra crap. The blower for a mustang is the same for a vette, just the brackets are different.

If SVSI has picked up a bulk order of blowers, and had brackes machined of their own specs, then whats the difference in their kit and a manuf.? I'm sure this is a no frills, non intercooled kit. His 7PSI kit is expensive but look at the numbers. It's also intercooled.

I'm guessing mild steel intake tubes, older style head unit (maybe), and brackets of his own design. Labor is the responsibility of the installer.

If you can't trust a 3K blower, then don't buy one. Same goes for any car I guess, but a 3400$ blower helped give me over 650RWHP on a car in the past so don't knock it.

MadMaxx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No one is really knocking it, just shocked and frankly suspicious maybe. With no forewarning here's a gift from heaven. A $3,100 blower that works well on the viper from a reputable tuner, nearly every viper owner will want one. But aren't there other items like fuel mngmnt items, injectors, etc also included? So it's just not brackets. I'm not sure what your other car was, but it was probably more mass produced then the viper meaning greater unit sales and generally a lower cost. Yet yours was $300 more than the viper one. It seems like with more cylinders there are more parts needed thus raising the cost.

Depending on what your other car was, it usually is less riskier to try a cheap blower on it. If you have a $4,000 Mustang LX and you blow the motor, how much money do you stand to lose versus blowing up a viper motor with a cheap blower?

Nearly everything on the viper is more $$ than for other cars such as camaros, mustangs, etc. Are we getting screwed? I don't know for sure, but generally smaller niche market items cost more because of the smaller number of sales.

All I'm saying is when someone wants to sell me beachfront property for $500 , you bet I'm going to be a little suspicious to say the least.

OP
OP
S

Svsi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody is being ****** around, the price is correct and it is a major manufacturer. Everyone wanted to have akit that is comparable in cost to the other kits that are sold so here it is. I did not state that you could only buy it from SVSi. As far as I know you will be able to buy it from dealers in the USA. Remember SVSi also has SC Systems that we have also spent much time and money on. We will be able to upgrade this kit if anyone has the need for more HP and speed. This kit is also emissions legal in CA and the rest of the US. This kit should also help other turners bring there price down if they use this make. The kit will not produce 700HP so you don't have to worry, DAN.

Ron Sr

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet he will use an FMU unit to boost augment the stock injectors, or slightly larger ones. What do the stocks run at for a dutey cycle?

I'm all for cheap..but yet, the price sounds too good to be true. Maybe it's a non-polished no frills low-end and he has a higher model to sell too. Also, it won't see huge gains like the custom setups do, maybe 50rwhp? but hey.. nothing beats the WOW factor of saying "supercharged viper" to someone eh?
wink.gif

well, we already know Roe's will be under 6K so lets get the price wars going!

MadMaxx

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing that if it's a centrifugal, it will fit both. the problem roe seemed to have was the alternator from what I read.

Lets hope this fits both!

MadMaxx

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron, I appreciate you following up and accept that your intentions were good. But you had to know something like that was akin to posting "Money free for the asking, details to follow."
smile.gif
And the fact that it came from a "high-end" tuner whose base system starts at about 10x that installed made it all the more puzzling.

Anyway, obviously everyone would like more information about this system--what else can you tell us?

And I spoke with a woman at Paxton two days ago who told me that while they had thought about it, they were not going to develop a Viper kit. So unless she's covering up the launch really well, it's not Paxton.

Ronnie

sean4180

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to Ron at SVSI today like many of you. I hear the phones are ringing off the hook and he has 30+ people on his waiting list. He claims that it is a Paxton kit and that he is getting two prototypes from Paxton soon. It will run off of one belt with all of the other accessories. He didn't have any info on enrichment, but at that price its got to be an fmu. If you do the math it seems like it could feasible to create a low-end kit for $3200.

Some prices that I picked up off the net
$2095 Paxton Novi 2000RR satin (Id prefer a ati d1-sc for $2300)
$200 Supercharger bracket (anybody want to make one for a D1!)
$150 cheap plastic inlet outlet tubing
$50 K&N conical filter
$195 Paxton FMU ($275 for vortech better unit highly adjustable)
$69 Pulley
$99 Paxton Bypass Valve
$300 Misc hoses, brackets, fittings, botls, Serp belt, supercharger oil lines, stuff I forgot ect.
=$3158 NOT INSTALLED

If anyone wants to check the numbers most prices were found on www.superchargesonline.com I chose Paxton products not because they were the best only because Ron@SVSI said Paxton was making the kit.

Obviously the system has some drawbacks the fmu/plastic piping satin supercharger, but I don’t care what it looks like under the hood I want the performance and upgrade ability of a centrifugal. With a vortech adjustable fmu tuning can be made pretty close but is nowhere near what you could do with a motec. The d1-sc would save some time and effort due to the fact that it has a self-contained oiling system+ITS LOUDER, HINT some one make an affordable kit with ATI. I'd also add alcohol injection to make up for the lack of an intercooler for around $300. There’s other stuff that I would do as an add on to my own car but its not required and would add to the cost. To SVSI if Paxton never gets the kit out how about making the low buck DIY kit anyway? You guys would probably lure a lot of people in with the low cost option and then hit them with big dollar upgrade custom packages when 500-550 RWHP isn’t enough anymore. Secondly most people wouldn’t install themselves so you get to make some bread on all the installs.

No flames please if I missed anything it’s been awhile since I was into superchargers.

Sean
96 GTS That NEEDS a Blower

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456