You gotta love the cold winter air!!!

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot how much stronger blown cars run in 30 degree air. Yesterday I took my car for a spin and I nailed it, jeez I swear it feels like I picked up about 25% more power!

P.S. - and yes, I'm running a richer mixture on the Vec2 to compensate...

~Matt~

OP
OP
C

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It actually isn't bad when the ground is dry, besides I'm not real big on corners just straight line.

~Matt~

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I forgot how much stronger blown cars run in 30 degree air. Yesterday I took my car for a spin and I nailed it, jeez I swear it feels like I picked up about 25% more power!

~Matt~

umm...you may gain some power but you won't go anywhere from tires spinning on cold pavement! LOL! :D

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta love the cold winter air!!!

Not really, my Michelins have turned into a set of Ice Hockey Pucks!!!
:p

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

~Matt~

I was thinking about 23.34%

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
80mph on a 32 degree night, dry highway. Punched it in forth gear, went sideways. Yes, more power is nice but less traction isn't. If I was in a GTS or RT-10 instead of the the SRT, there probably would have been ambulances and firetrucks called to the scene. No flame on the earlier cars (they were always more exciting to drive) just twitchier.

OP
OP
C

ChicagoGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run my tires at 25psi (corrected for the cold air of course) or perhaps it's the MXX3's but I honestly don't notice that much difference regarding traction, yeah it's a little trickier regarding wheel hop and I break loose a little easier in third. But it's not much more difficult to control than when it's 90 degrees. Perhaps not driving like it's 90 degrees is the key, LOL.

~Matt~

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I would tell you how fast I went the other day but my wife is sitting right beside me now. :cool:

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took my sister's kids for a ride over T'giving, and, even with the Kumhos, when I nailed it in second, I broke loose, went sideways, and wheel-hopped. I think I'll forget about red-lining until warm pavement returns...

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Unfortunately with cold winter air comes WHITE SNOW :( . I'm trying to be optimistic that there is one or two more days left for some Viper-Time - but unfortunatley it's almost time to put the snake into hibernation.

Winter BLOWS!

tommygun

Enthusiast
Reaction score

~Matt~

Matt,

Sounds like the troubles of earlier this year have been vanquished. Hope all is well with you and yours, hows the little one? And yes, s/c and turbos love the cold, dense air. Just don't do anything thats gonna get you hooked back in here, other than routine maintenance LOL.

Tommy