You gotta see this car!

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a surprise to see this baby pull in to our Mopar show last Saturday. It's a 1953 Cunningham with a 331 C.I. Hemi! Only 19 ever built and only 13 survive now. Here's some pictures. We are the red Viper right behind this baby.

A great front view

You must be registered for see images

Now for the rear, and check out the plate!

Last but not least, the HEMI engine!

A thing of beauty, and a beautiful restoration.

OP
OP
R

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gentleman that owns the car started working on it in about 7 boxes from what he told me. He did a great job of restoring it, as it should be restored. With only 13 still around, it is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000 to $250,000! That was a big surprise to see it pull up to our 308 Mopars in attendance show. He usually only shows it by invitation and only at exclusive car shows. Needless to say, it won "Best of Show" at our show, and deservedly so.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Car! Thanks for the pics. Forgive my ignorance, but I thought all Hemis had the plug wires going through the valve covers. Can't spot them on this pic. Thanks...
cool.gif

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The eary Hemi's (392, etc) did in fact have the plug wires going through the valve covers, but the factory added a trim piece to cover these holes unlike the factory rubber boots on later models. you can still see the wires comming into these from the end. Makes for an attractive piece on steet rods as well. Good eye.

OP
OP
R

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trim piece is right below where is says Chrylser Fire Power in the picture. The older Hemis had the trim piece over the plug holes, the newer versions did not. You can see the screws that hold the trim piece on the valve covers. We had over 300 Mopars at the show last Saturday including 4 Vipers, which is much better than previous shows. Two RT/10's and two GTS coupes, a fifth black GTS came into the grounds but did not register. Wnated to get a chance to talk to the owner, but it drove away before I could get over to talk to him. Another interesting car that showed up at the show was an Australian Charger. Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of that one, but that was another rare car from the early '70s'.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude