You guys might want to check your Gen2 throttle sync..

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, I check my throttle adjustment on my 98 GTS. I pulled the throttle "rod" back and noticed that when my right side throttle plate hit the "stopper" (or whatever it's called) the left side was about 1/4" inch short!! I guess over time the cable has stretched and I was being robbed of a 1/4" or more of throttle... I immediatley fixed it by turning the screw about 4 to 5 times and now both plates hit the "stoppers" and I get full throttle. What a difference.. MUCH smoother and feels like I added some good HP!!
Just FYI.. I'm curious as to how many others ones were strecthed like mine if anyone wants to check..

Gerald

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked my throttle plate position this Spring after I took it out of storage. To my dismay, the throttle cable had stretched and with the gas pedal all the way down the throttle plates were only about 75-80% open. The cable was already as far rearward as it could go, so I had to elongate the hole on the throttle cable bracket with a dremel tool. Now that baby is all the way against the stops at WOT. I used a C-clamp to hold the gas pedal all the way down with a 1 mil shim between the back edge of the gas pedal and the stop plate while I made the adjustment. It would be a good idea for all of us to keep an eye on this because I am sure the cable is gonna just keep on stretching. I can't live without my full WOT!!!!

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryan wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
When you are re-adjusting them, do you have to adjust it so the left triggers a little bit before the right? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm seem to remember there has to be a little offset as well.

Ah! Just read that the left TB has to lead the right by a little bit when first applying the pedal but at WOT both TB's should have the blades touching the backing.