You might want to carry a spare...

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20 amp fuse with you.

Friday morning I decided to take the Viper to work. Went to start it and as I pushed the start button I accidentally let up a little on the clutch peddle. Well, the engine had just turned over maybe once and stopped as soon as the peddle moved. Pressed the pedal back in quickly, still had the start button pressed and nothing happened. Turned the key off and back on and tried again, nothing. Noticed the time on the radio went out when I pushed the start button, I thought the battery must have been gotten weak, have not driven the Viper in a week or so. Put the battery on to charge and left for the day. Got home and still no go.

I started looking at the fuses and sure enough the 20 amp starter fuse had blown. New fuse installed and 10 starts with no problem.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is another fuse that I have heard about blowing. I bought an assortment of micro fuses the other day, now I need to find out where they go. The other fuse I heard about will cause the car to not start, but I think it's a different on.

Any one out there know the one I'm talking about? I did here it was a micro size fuse.

Skip White

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery