Your Input Means Everything - SRT Styling

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

Early next week I will have a few design engineers in house working on body styling for the SRT/10. I liked most of the carbon bits I looked at on the SRT in Vegas, but it needs a bit more. If you guys/gals have any input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The body is a single moulding of carbon-fibre...

Good luck Larry!

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you limited to bolt-ons?

If not, make a speedster by wacking the windshield and fitting a pair of helmet fairings to the rear deck. I think convertibles always look better as speedsters/barchettas.

If so, how about a carbon fiber hardtop designed to provide rollover protection, kind of like a carbon fiber rollcage?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with jrkermode, a 'sportbar' that connected to the two empty areas besides the softtop would make the car look like an RT-10.

The other idea is to replace the decklid with a one piece roof/decklid combo that would look like the comp coupe roofline. Should be a big piece, but sure would look nice.

One MUST HAVE, is a new set of side sills. Ones with sand blast protection built in.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Magic Formula (based on the hundreds of posts on this website):

MAKE IT LOOK JUST LIKE THE COMP COUPE! YOU WILL HAVE A WINNER!

Need:

Ground Effects
Fastback style top and rear window
Entire rear end

INSTANT SUCCESS

We have our street legal comp coupe if this happens!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as it looks like the Concept Coupe, It works for me!

Viper Blue / Silver Stripes
Red / Silver Stripes
Black / Silver Stripes
Yellow / Black Stripes

Thanks

2charmed

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about replacing the frame with a CF tub? Dropping some weight and stiffening the frame is more important to me that all the riced-out CF panels in the world.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really depends on how much you are willing/intending to change. At the very least, take out the sharp edge/slash on the sides of the car, making it curved like the previous Gens. If you are talking an all-body-panel change, then virtually everywhere where there is a sharp edge, make it a curve - e.g., the sides as noted, the "mouse ears" look to the pieces on each side of the hood, etc.

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
imho; first, I think the srt-10 carbon is a step in the right direction. It supposedly saves 150lbs over the production model and that is positive. The best thing pvo could do if they had the budget would be to use an aluminum frame and maybe save another 200 to 300lbs. Lets see--3000lbs and 600hp nice numbers for a production supercar.
Stylewise I think the part of the car which needs the most improvement is the rear facia(bumper), it is just way too bulbous (fat) on the bottom line from the side view. It needs to be more angular but still somewhat rounded, higher at the very rear and then slope down as it ties into and actually helps form the the lower portion of rear wheelwell. The ledge of the bumper at the rear is also too pronounced it should be no more than an inch from the body at the widest point.
The tailights need redesign as well, perhaps round off the lower inside corner at the trunk margin. the car should have real roll hoops to meet racing safety rules and for protection in case of disaster. Perhaps cf mirrors. The interior could have cf inside door panels, center console, seatbacks and the instrument panel all in the interest of saving weight. eagles

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of great ideas and input guys! I'm going to show the designers this thread and we'll take everyone's input into consideration. Keep it coming please, Monday is when their scheduled to start taking measurements and do some artwork, so we still have plenty of time for more ideas. Thanks!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually prefer the SRT-10 as a convertible (rather than the coupe which everyone is clamoring for), and even though I understand that PVO was trying to highlight the carbon fiber on the car, the silver two-tone look didn't work well. It would have been much more integrated and elegant if the regular body panels were painted Graphite metallic (2002) color. And I was surprised that the interior had no CF trim. Plus the wheels were not inspiring.

It would be interesting to see some vertical venting louvers (gills) on the small vent panel forward of the doors for a more aggressive look similar to the SLR.

The CF engine detailing looked nice by the way. :laugh:

-Dean.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back the clam hood. ( I know what you are thinking, so stop....) It looks exotic when up!

This is an exotic car not a Stratus!

or put Gen 2 body on Gen 3 frame! :2tu:

Lambo doors....

MAKE THE DARN THING AN EXOTIC! YES I AM YELLING!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other idea is to replace the decklid with a one piece roof/decklid combo that would look like the comp coupe roofline. Should be a big piece, but sure would look nice.

Vipermania has a start on this one....

You must be registered for see images

ARMORGOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]I would focus on a front splitter. I put one on my SRT and it looks much more aggressive and made a much better looking car IMHO :) .

[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!! IMHO that is all that the car needs is a deeper chin spoiler or a splitter. No need for a whole new nose piece. Just make a lower add on. That way it's cheaper and is easier to replace if it eats a curb or something.

Thanks for soliciting the input.

Doug, do you have pictures of the splitter on your car????

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really wouldn't add anything to my SRT, design-wise. A nice pair of carbon fiber mud-guards for the front wheels would be something I would buy if they didn't look too tacky. There is a lot of chipping that takes place on the side and bottom of the sills just in back of the front tires that everyone is complaining about. If they dropped about 2" below the sill I think this would make a big difference and not be too noticeable.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about making the trunklid concave, kind of like the hood is? Lower it enough in the center to make the rear fenders look hunched up, with enough of a depression at the trailing edge to allow the rear spoiler to be deeper, more agressive looking. The overall height at the rear edge of the trunk could remain the same, so people could still see out of the car.

If you look at the back of a Panoz LMP1 (A car whose driver placement relative to the wheelbase is similar to the SRT), you can see how dropping the tail between the tires can really accentuate the rear fenders, giving a very agressive look. Kind of like tubs in the back of a drag car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang