Your price for a 2002 RT/10 (red/black)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for a 2002 RT/10, perfect condition, red, 20-25k miles, Corsa 3" & HF cats, KW or StarTech suspension or similar. If I want to buy your car, please tell me the price! THX. --- edit --- O.k. - I am LOOKING to find and buy a red 2002 RT/10 with black interior. Dealership here - where my RT/10 was for service etc. crashed mine two days ago! ANY SELLERS - car has to be perfect. Will fly in to inspect.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry DEALER crashed your car? Nearly stock and they managed to find some idiot that could crash it? I hope he got fired at least.

Ted

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That bites. You have my sympathy.

Is the dealership going to pay for it?

Are you planning on importing one? I can't imagine finding what you want in Germany will be easy/possible.

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked on ebay and the European websites and could not find one (like mine) so far. Insurance is involved! Will see what they say.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least you're close to all of the really good beer to wash down the trail dust after an event like that.

Yeah man, sympathies for the search and the hassle.

They'll be at least 18 empty Hefe Wiezens scattered around the BBQ pit tonight in honor of your pain! :beer:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude!! :omg: So sorry to hear about your baby!!:( That really *****!

What happened?? How did they manage this?? Any pics??

Robert

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my story

1998/1999 I started to look for Vipers...due to family and business issues, building a new home etc I could not buy one, but in 2001, finally, I found my first Viper, a GTS (hence my username), 1999 silver. I was very happy with the car and in 2004 I bought another Viper, the red RT/10, a 2002 from Woodhouse (Bill Pemberton! Thx Wilhelm!). A dream has become true for me. 3 weeks after I got the RT/10, I crashed my GTS on the autobahn in the wet. I had no scratch. It took me a while to drive in the RT/10 again, but I did. Between 2004 and 2008 I enjoyed the RT/10 a lot. This year, in 2008 I bought another GTS, a Final Edition from 2002 after a long search. 3 weeks ago, I could take over the GTS after importing from the US. 3 weeks! Again. And my RT/10 is gone... :-(

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard enough to get a 2002 registered here nowadays.

The 2008/2009 ACR would not pass the technical examination easily here. The wing alone would be a huge problem!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd also check with John Gastman at Roanoke Motors.

Sorry to read of your "tragedy". I don't know if I could post up such bad news without any expletives.

Hopefully, you'll find what your looking for...SOON!

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Just remove the wing until after the inspection.....<<<

This would mean: NO insurance here!
Not a good thing.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Just remove the wing until after the inspection.....<<<

This would mean: NO insurance here!
Not a good thing.

:usa: anything to keep the ACR from spanking P-cars at the ring :omg:

:nono: (sorry, couldn't resist, i luv me some p-cars too)

shalom

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short update. Received a first, incomplete and not very competent expert opinon...damage shall be 39000 US$...stay tuned...

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks John. I know you will help, if you can.

For now I have to fight the battle with the dealership, the insurance...might happen that I fly into the US for the sixth time this year soon - checking out a 2002 RT/10 red/black being for sale! Is a little OFF from your location. Thanks again, John!

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: Have to involve a lawyer and most probably the court.

Received invoices (today) from the dealership for over 4000 US$ for the service work they did before they crashed my Viper!
Dated back the day before the crash and due immediately. If this would not be so serious I would LOL...

The so-called expert opinion of his (!) insurance is still not complete, neither competent!
Will go to the place with another expert next Monday and take away the crashed Viper.
Stay tuned. This turns uglier than anything you could imagine.

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: Have to involve a lawyer and most probably the court.

Received invoices (today) from the dealership for over 4000 US$ for the service work they did before they crashed my Viper!
Dated back the day before the crash and due immediately. If this would not be so serious I would LOL...

The so-called expert opinion of his (!) insurance is still not complete, neither competent!
Will go to the place with another expert next Monday and take away the crashed Viper.
Stay tuned. This turns uglier than anything you could imagine.

so stuff like this happens everywhere :mad:

don't let them wear you down :2tu:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm oretty sure that you are responsible for paying for work done on your car since you never received it and didn't sign the bill?

My car is not stock, but IF i ever let anyone work on my car I always write on the bill/invoice "No test drive."

Ted

smcosta90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Update?

If the mechanic does not have at least one other viper in his garage, he doesn't touch my car.

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We took my car away on Monday.
The expert opinion will be prepared now.

HE is a well known ViperTech here, a club member, and, is in serious trouble...

OP
OP
ViperGTS

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short update...7 months later....still fighting...I had to filed a court action - pending - will keep you updated.

:bonker:

The damage (parts, labor, ...) is about 47000 Euro (64000 US$).

And, the frame is bent. Not in the calculation since totaled anyway.

Wreck sold.

His b*lls are in danger now. Probably feed Amie with his ... :crazy2:

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sometimes no apparent logic to ins cos,

just check all the angles, if they go to court, they probably have something up their sleeve as it should simply be a question of Euros for them, and court costs everyone

good luck and hang tough

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang