your Viper and the wifey

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The wive has always been a little jealous of my love of cars (the Viper cost me 2 bathroom remods)How do your guys ol ladies react to the car...there may be hope for mine,she says if you take one of those driving courses "I wnnt to dress in leather and take it with you"..Hmmmm.

MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Acquired car on 12/6/01
Divorce final on 8/12/02

****** for the kids
crying.gif

yeah, yeah, yeah, not my fault
embarass.gif

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife hates them
supergrin.gif
Look at how unhappy she is in mine:
You must be registered for see images

not to mention hers:

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treynor - My wife hates them Look at how unhappy she is in mine:

Did you mean OURS or Mine?
supergrin.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not crazy about cars in general. but humors me.
could care less about the car and hopes someday that I sell
it.
but what can ya do??

I love it.
smile.gif

JIM

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,
I feel your pain.
crying.gif

My wife's attitude toward my Viper is: "It's a man thing". She told me she dosen't like to ride in it because she dosen't like the attention it attracts.

She wanted to buy another Vette because "it was a nice car" and people didn't bother you when you drove it.

She's still mad we bought the Viper as she can't rationalize why I would buy a car that had no roll up windows or door handles!
laugh.gif

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tiepilot
I would have never have gotten away with no windows...

She doesnt mind riding in it now and again. and can't drive
stick so i dont have to worry about her driving it.
It is just that she can think of other things to spend the money
on...Like a new home.
smile.gif

So I may be selling her (the car not wifey) in a year or 2
to go from my dream car to dream home. we'll see.
Depends on how many "upgrades" I want in the new house.

have a good one.
JIM
smile.gif

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I always wanted a striped GTS,and my loverly bride mentioned she wasn't fond of stripes except for Chris and Mary Marshall's Black with Silver combo. Well , the red 98 got traded in, and I have a Marshall clone. After 25 years of marriage, I think she is perfect, and the fact that she encourages me to race it, and comes along , makes me feel she may be more than perfect.

A Gorgeous Green eyed Blonde , with a brain, and a 2000 Black GTS.......... me thinks life is good.

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a car girl wife so cars usually are a priority for us... however, shortly after buying the Viper, she had this premonition that I was going to kill myself in it. I listed it and almost sold it. Fortunately for me, she's gotten over the bad feeling and now is fine with the car.

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife was already familair with my need for "stress relief" in the form of fast wheels. Few years ago, she took the kids to Dallas to visit friends and when she returned their was a motorcycle in the garage (better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission). Following Spring, went to motorcylce dealer to get oil filter for first bike and retuned with second set of wheels. Then, I put a deposit on a new Corvettte (please, no flames) but cancelled the deal following Monday. Announced to the wife, would rather have real American muscle (Viper). She said go for it.

Initially she would drive it too but lately is reluctant. Afraid she might get into an accident or something. I think this stems from the two fenders she once clipped on on an S-Class Mercedes I once bought her. Anyway, she's cool with it.

Every once in awhile I hear hints that the Viper would cover a nice downpayment on a vacation home in Fla. but I haven't taken the bait yet.

S

SUN RA KAT

My wife isn't extremely happy I spent a lot of money on a new Viper when our daughter is starting her senior year in high school and college is coming. I wasn't extremely happy the stock market was going down with my retirement savings, either. I figured the original Viper GTS would grow in value more than the stock market. Lucky for me the wife doesn't complain about how much I've spent for "neccessary" mods already before I even picked it up from Woodhouse and she doesn't seem to mind me completing my Viper project with the Sean Roe Supercharger (deposit down). I guess the "neccessary" mods are insignificant to the purchase price of a Viper, even when I got the Bill Pemberton Good Price.

JH23JOB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife doesn't care too much for all the attention it recieves from the Females wherever I go with it. I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't give'em all rides, and the passengers seat stinks so pretty
supergrin.gif

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a wife. Still have a viper. **** , I would really miss the viper if I had to sell it.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last weekend the wife and I took a trip to Vermont for the away from the kids. She had not ridden in the car since last November. Her back bothers her when she rides. So she brings a large pillow with her. Then she had some other stuff up front with her too (water, snacks). I told her on the way out of the driveway "You can turn any car into a minivan". Well she took it rather well, did not complain about the car all weekend (no AC). Does not mind the attention it brings, even when the girls are very persistent. Been married 15 years with 2 kids. She's a keeper.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tolerates it as long as she doesnt have to drive with me in it, listen to the stereo in it, listen to the rumble of it hear me always talking about it or find me putting money into it oh and taking up the garage to wash it, shes fine with it, LOL.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing my wife hates more than my Viper is a headache. But then again, she hates the way I breathe, the way I pick out clothes, the fact that I might snore, the way I walk, the way I eat, the fact that I selectively listen to her, the music I listen to, and a few other choice things. She does like the color though, inside and out.

I had to fly her out to the last VOI to meet me. That was the last thing concerning my car she will ever go to. She hates the top down....her hair whips around and hits her in the face (better the wind than me). The sound causes ringing in her ears. She can't understand how I would ever want to work on the car, or why I clean it so much.

But she never busts my b*lls about going anywhere or doing anything with the car. Wait, she did once, but I think she regrets it. She'd better not, I do enough for the family.....the car is my time. In 40-50 years I'll be dead, then what? Life is short.

This year, VOI 7, I'm going solo. Like it better that way.

Thanks, now my blood pressure is higher than it was a few minutes ago.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife doesn't like that I spent so much on the Viper, and the mods. Now she wants a newer car as well.

She doesn't understand why friends and strangers think the car is so cool.

The wind messes up her hair, and she doesn't like the extra attention that the Viper brings with it, but she is getting used to it.

And I HAVE TO drive slowly when she is in the car.

But overall she is reasonably patient with my car passion, so it just fine.

-Dean.

Reaction score
Mine used to like my Viper (kind of), until I messed with it's look and sound. Then she hated it. She said it looked very "British" before I goobered it up. She tolerates my Countach, only likes to take the Hummer camping (as long as no one sees her in it), but loves the LS 400 (I know, "Rice"!).

To finally appease her, I sent her and a gal friend to London to pick herself out a nice sports car. That was a big mistake! Now she teases me because my Viper only has 10 cylinders and won't go over 200 MPH (I'm hoping Doug's SIII+ will fix that)...

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig 201 MPH:
you bought your wife a V A N Q U I S H?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup, but she has to wait another 11 months before they deliver it. Now when I whine about waiting for my Viper to come back from DLM, she no longer tells me to "Shut-up already" I think that was worth it right there! She is going to have to wait on the new Bedroom Set, however...

S

SUN RA KAT

mc3 - Thanks for your post - I copied it & sent it to my wife in e-mail.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I re-read through all the posts quick and didn't have time to jot down names and respond to individuals, but this stuff about what my wife "lets me do" drives my nuts.

I might have my gripes about my wife, but if there is one thing I am grateful for, it's that we never speak to eachother about what we "let" eachother do. We don't own eachother. We each do what we know is right and we know each other's preferences.

Back to the wife/car thing. Wives.......get over it! Why do you think the life expectancy for men is lower than for women? Because we put up with so much illogical, monthly, yapping, issues day in and day out, not to mention how hard we work to support the home, that our mortal bodies are punished beyond imagination by the time we are 60, and then by some miracle, we seem to last another 15-20 years.

We deserve those Vipers, and anything else that eases the pain.

DanElam

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My wife (one on the right) loves the Viper. I taught her to drive stick shift in the Viper.

You must be registered for see images attach

She has the cheap RX-7 (look at the license plate really carefully) that she is learning to race with, but this weekend, she finally began driving:

You must be registered for see images attach

Now she isn't asking to drive the Viper all the time!

-Dan

P.S. I am just throwing this pic in for good measure!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jenn loves my viper.

We bought a 02 jeep liberty limited, I like it!

I'm selling the RT in favor of a gen2 car (march/april of 03)

MM

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude