Z06 beats the Viper [Video]

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Vette beat the Viper? So that proves it right there, the Vette is superior in the 1/4 mile. :rolleyes:

Guess there's nothing to do now but sell my Viper and get a Vette! :D

All joking aside, if that Vette's stock, or close to it, then he did a helluva job, breaking 12.

The C6 is promising to be quite a performer, and if the C6 ZO6 turns out anything like 3000# with 500hp, look out!

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A stock viper vs a modded vette. :p I can take my Honda and put 20 grand into it and beat a $200K Ferrari in a drag. The end of the day I still have a Honda. :rolleyes: I had a C5 prior to the Viper and all I can say is that there is no comparison. Vettes are a dime a dozen, you see yourself coming and going. The viper is a different story. Let alone my C5 had 6000 miles on it when I sold it because the damn thing was in the shop more than on the road. I had problems with the Fuel Gauges, crappy stock clutch, coil pack wiring harness, ABS/TCS/AH system. None of the dealers I went to could get the car fixed for more than 500 miles. Thank god it is gone :headbang: GM quality control is non existent.:( I do however have to say the C5 are a good bang for the buck and are good daily drivers when they are not broken down on the side of the road. I hope to be running into some of my local vette guys at the Englishtown drags in the spring. I am planning to put a big whooping on a few.
:2tu:

Bandit400

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Viper guys crack me up..cant ever give props where props are due. FYI, the Z06 mods consisted of:
cai, exhaust, and dr's.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I own a Z06 -- love the car. As many creature comforts as our BMW, lots of power, excellent handling and braking, and the looks are pretty good. I use it as my daily driver.

Thing is there are 2X as many vettes made each year as there are TOTAL Vipers ever made. That makes them way too common and not exotic enough for me to really stand out.

Unlike Gerald, I have had nothing but great results from the two C5's that I have owned. I am debating whether to get rid of it or not when my 99 GTS gets here.

That vette in the race video sounded awesome and kudos to that guy for beating up on the Viper.

I will probably end up getting a Z6 version of the C6 when they come out.

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John_C,

I will give the Z06 props from a performance standpoint. It is definately one of the best performing cars for the money as well as the drivers 1/4 mile time was impressive for a mildly modded car. My point is that stock vs stock, the GenII viper is faster. This is the fun part of talking smack :D You know, my car is faster than yours stuff! :rolleyes: I don't think anyone takes it seriously, at least I dont. From my past experiences, I would not buy another GM car due to crappy quality and lousy customer service. :(

Bandit400

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John_C,

I will give the Z06 props from a performance standpoint. It is definately one of the best performing cars for the money as well as the drivers 1/4 mile time was impressive for a mildly modded car. My point is that stock vs stock, the GenII viper is faster. This is the fun part of talking smack :D You know, my car is faster than yours stuff! :rolleyes: I don't think anyone takes it seriously, at least I dont. From my past experiences, I would not buy another GM car due to crappy quality and lousy customer service. :(

Bandit400

Who ever said stock for stock the Z is faster? I sure never said that. But i will tell you that with very minimal mods, like the video above, tables can be turned around very quickly. I know that is something that you guys dont want to believe, just like the Z06 guys dont want to believe that a 03 Cobra with a bigger pulley and a steeda cai will more then likely outrun them in a str8 line. Thats just the way humans are i guess, we hardly acknowledge what is true if it is going to turn against our favors!

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John C trolling again? Last we saw of you you were "calling out a Viper". When ChrisXoxide responded it became let's go cruising together". Are you trying to date a Viper or run one? I never read the z06 board. I have my dream car, and appreciate other good cars like the z06. Why do you troll here making negative remarks?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, too funny. No problem with the vette winning.. Good for it. LIttle lopsidded though... drag radials against stock Mich's I suppose for E.T. duh.

They are bragging about a 115 mph in the 1/4? What a bunch of dopes.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing is there are 2X as many vettes made each year as there are TOTAL Vipers ever made. That makes them way too common and not exotic enough for me to really stand out.

Correct. More Vettes made EACH YEAR than ALL Vipers made since DAY ONE!!!

Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Correct. More Vettes made EACH YEAR than ALL Vipers made since DAY ONE!!!

Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!

Absolutely... more vettes made E A C H Y E A R than there have ever been Vipers since they were released over a Decade ago.

Wait, why are we saying the same thing three times in a row? BAHA! Viper owners crack me up.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Vette. Great performance for the money.

Still - what about doing same mods to a Viper, run Drag radials on that as well - then re-run. Assuming the Viper driver is a good as the Vette driver - that might change the outcome somewhat :smirk:

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Z can sure move. But the reason we have to bring things back to basics is that without a "never been moded" comparison, there is no limit to the comparison possibilities.

Point is, if both cars come off the factory line, how do they compare? That is all I look at. In this case, the Viper wins hands down. I think it is the only thing that counts.

I can tie a stick of dynamite to a Walmart shopping cart and it will do the 1/4 mile faster than the Viper, but it is still a shopping cart. :2tu:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tie a stick of dynamite to a Walmart shopping cart and it will do the 1/4 mile faster than the Viper, but it is still a shopping cart. :2tu:

LOL LOL LOL shopping cart,,,,,vette,,,,,, I guess I can see the resemblance!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Z can sure move. But the reason we have to bring things back to basics is that without a "never been moded" comparison, there is no limit to the comparison possibilities.

Point is, if both cars come off the factory line, how do they compare? That is all I look at. In this case, the Viper wins hands down. I think it is the only thing that counts.

won't be a cart anymore after the dynamite

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187