Z06 owner get ass handed to him on his GTS coolant issue

johncbourg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright here it goes...I got my a$$ kicked by my GTS, and I caused the whole damn thing.

I posted last week about my temperature gauge moving in between the 3 hash marks in the center of the gauge.

I thought I had a issue. Tried to burp the system not knowing that the bottle on the right side fender was not the Overflow. Its the Pressure Recovery tank. I'm squeezing the Upper Radiator hose with the engine warm, heater on, Cap off, then cap on. Watching the level rise/fall in the Pressure Recovery tank. :dig:

Little did I know I'm starving the hell out of the system by squeezing the upper hose..causing coolant the seep out of the radiator vent hose/fitting...leaking down the seam of the radiator. :dig:

I'm thinking the radiator is toast, buts it ME! :lmao:

I spent all last weekend looking for radiator options, but something kept telling me that something wasn't right. :hmmm: I mean this car hasn't given me any trouble.

Then reading the responses to the thread I posted that my car was running fine. Plus the OEM Manual I have said the same thing.

Here is the original thread: http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/636612-cooling-questions.html

I'm a idiot :rolaugh:

This is what you get when a Vette owner buys a Viper :bonker:

Ran the car at idle for 15 min. Shut it off, and allowed it to cool for a hr.

No leaks or problems :2tu:

Last edited:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. and welcome to the gritty side!

You are not alone in wondering about viper cooling issues.... very common question around this board.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roe Racing sells a "Burp valve" that makes the cooling system a piece of cake.

The "vette thing" will become an item of the past soon. You have a club of thousands and hundreds of those members are very knowledgeable.

Ted

V

Venomiss

I'm just thankful this was not a post where Lance was involved.
Kco coined the phrase Lancetrocity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187