Z06 TEST ON SPEED TV SATURDAY @ 5:00 PM CST

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Since we are all performance enthusiasts at heart I thought some might be interested in the show. I know this is the VIPER board so please don't rag on me. VIPER IS #1!!! :D :2tu: :usa: I just wish DC would do a little bit of marketing and promotion of the new Coupe. You'd think they would have some $$$s to spend on at least that since there is no factory race program to kick the Vette's *** at Le Mans. Those were the good old days!!! When is the next only factory backed VIPER program......drifting competition? :confused:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched the program.They let you know that the car is all business and built around a hand built motor.The street version of their world beating Lemans car.There is mention of it going up against the best and fastest.Lam,Fer,Ast etc but no mention of viper.Then again why would they mention the has been viper which has been relagated to ricer drifting exhibitions? GTS Bruce

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Road Test" is nothing more than a slick form of advertising,closer to an infomercial (spl?)than a independant/balanced test.

Regardless of the car they "test",they always rave about it and have never anything even sligtly critical to say about it.

SpeedTV has become NASCRAP TV.

Luc.00GTS

OP
OP
DEVILDOG

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
"Road Test" is nothing more than a slick form of advertising,closer to an infomercial (spl?)than a independant/balanced test.

Regardless of the car they "test",they always rave about it and have never anything even sligtly critical to say about it.

SpeedTV has become NASCRAP TV.

Luc.00GTS

What is your point? :confused: At least GM is smart enough to ADVERTISE and RACE their halo performance car. Suggest you read the thread on the SRT Forum titled "Automobile Mag Poo Poo's the New Coupe"....an independent test on the same day and track that maybe you'll like better since it is a fair comparison. :rolleyes:

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recorded it & watched it later, all 12 minutes of it. Skipping through the commercials, not much meat on the bone. Majority of the time I was watching the same clip over & over again, a play on the American "consumerism" instinct.

Facts=zero, emotional play =10.

Oh, I'm sorry. They said it was fast too. That was the one fact they mentioned. They didn't quantify it.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recorded it & watched it later, all 12 minutes of it. Skipping through the commercials, not much meat on the bone. Majority of the time I was watching the same clip over & over again, a play on the American "consumerism" instinct.

Oh, I'm sorry. They said it was fast too. That was the one fact they mentioned. They didn't quantify it.

LOL

I'm waiting to see how this thing plays out. It would be truly comical if this "new Z06" fell short on the year long hype.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

0-60 in 3.7 is what they quoted. Jeff Gordon drives a ferrari, thought he might mention how it handled in comparison, he did refer to the light weight of the vette and how he loved the handling

I think the intent of the show was to just introduce the new Z06 and show people they could have a 'race car' that was street-worthy.

They did mention at the beginning of the show that the vette always wins out on the top list because of 'value' and they think the new C6Z06 will now be looked at for performance/power excluding value

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I hear 0-60 quotes I think of 50% furniture sales.

So they don't have to shift into second before they reach 60. Puts it into a league, but it doesn't help me decide on batting order.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Luc those shows are infomercials.

Not to say the ZO6 isn't a fast car... might even be faster than the viper... just don't think for a moment that the show is an unbiased appraisal of the car's attributes.