Zaino Vs. Meguiars Gold

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darren - It's gonna take more than that for your car to look as pretty as mine!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
Keep trying though, it can't hurt!

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe the post above. DCX does not paint Vipers...the panels are pre-painted, then shipped to CAAP. A Viper paint finish is much better than on a standard minivan. In fact, the actual gloss, depth of shine, etc of my 2000 is exceptionally good. (Zaino made it look even better.)

Reaction score
Sorry!

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

I just used the whole "Minivan/Durango" thing as an exaggerated point. I know the paint is not the same, and not applied by CAAP. I just had a thing about their (CAAP) "Black". The stock paint is very nice indeed. I just wanted something better (and blacker)...

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still don't know about the wax debate. I am using Zaino. But Meguiars Glaze really shines. Zaino is easy to use, so I use it. I am going to have to try Mequiars again and test.

So many people do not Clay Bar their cars. Most have never heard of it. So all of you WAX only guys need to get the clay out. Even brand new cars need to be clayed before you polish or wax them. Even clay bar all the glass and plastic, it will help a lot.

Most show cars are NEVER waxed. They are only polished. You don't need wax for shine. Wax is to protect your car. In most cases it will actually make the car shine less. So if you car is a weekend toy, don't wax it, polish it.

Reading books about the Viper, they state the Viper has SHOW PAINT. Maybe in a local car show! I have seen so many imperfections in the paint and stripe work. Many of the problems are from the plastic panels. Lots of orange peel in the paint. SHOW PAINT normally gets sanded prior to clear coat, Vipers do not have this step from the factory. The paint is fine for 99% of the buyers. Maybe my eyes are too picky.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 3 black vehicles. Best to worst as follows: 94 Viper, 01 Vette, '97 f159 supercab 4x4. Mequiars has been great until I used it on the Vett. The best way I can describe it is that it left shadows. Maybe I got an old old bottle of wax. Has this happened to anyone else?

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont waste your time. Do a search on this board. You will see its easier to find out the results with a keyboard then with you arms & back.
laugh.gif
My vote is Zaino anyone else????

Reaction score
Remember:

Whatever you use, you're still waxing Dodge Minivan/Durango paint. Simply have someone walnut-shell blast your paint off, repaint it with the right stuff, and then you can use whatever you want...

You must be registered for see images

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just did the hood on my 2001 sapphire blue with Meguiars Gold Class, did not even do the rest of the car. The Zainos was a
much more consistent shine and depth. I then went back and tried the WalMart version of Zymol, $12 a bottle. It far out performed the Gold Class, it seemed similar to Zainos, very easy to apply and remove, shine and depth looked like the rest of the car with Zaino. Advantages, go to WalMart and price. Disadvantage, white dust residue. I will stick with Zaino with the cheap Zymol as a back up while waiting on more Zaino to be shipped.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone applying the Zaino with an orbital machine, like the one from Porter Cable?? I noticed a big write up in the Griot's Garage magazine...Claiming once you use a machine to polish/wax you never go back....

I want to get serious about polish/wax, so I want to know if I should invest in the orbital machine?

thanks
Tomer
96 RT

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomer:
Is anyone applying the Zaino with an orbital machine, like the one from Porter Cable?? I noticed a big write up in the Griot's Garage magazine...Claiming once you use a machine to polish/wax you never go back....

I want to get serious about polish/wax, so I want to know if I should invest in the orbital machine?

thanks
Tomer
96 RT

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got it but have not tried it yet.

I am using the SpeedShine from Griot's and I have not yet even put water to the car. The finish looks great.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VIPR GTS:
I just did the hood on my 2001 sapphire blue with Meguiars Gold Class, did not even do the rest of the car. The Zainos was a
much more consistent shine and depth. I then went back and tried the WalMart version of Zymol, $12 a bottle. It far out performed the Gold Class, it seemed similar to Zainos, very easy to apply and remove, shine and depth looked like the rest of the car with Zaino. Advantages, go to WalMart and price. Disadvantage, white dust residue. I will stick with Zaino with the cheap Zymol as a back up while waiting on more Zaino to be shipped.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"1 of 86 of the best looking Vipers made"

That was great!
laugh.gif

SNAKOIL VA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just Zanoi'd my car this weekend. I'm really not a fan of waxing and polishing as I'd rather be driving, but it was crappy weather this weekend so I finally broke down and did it.

The order:
Wash
Clay (first time I ever did this- it was easy and effective)
Pre Lok
Z-5
Gloss Enhancer (gotta love the smell!)
Z-2
Gloss Enhancer

Finish is incredible. I got rid of the swirl marks and made the paint look 2" deep. It was 6 hours well spent. I hated to put the cover on the car.

I had a power buffer, but did it by hand. I am curious if anyone else used a buffer and Zaino

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Porter Cable buffer is great for 3m ssr 39009 and for applying wax but is a waste for putting on Zaino. Just zaino by hand, its easy enough.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used an orbital buffer on other vehicles, and found it to be more work than applying Zaino by hand.