Zaino Wax

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let it sit for a few hours in the garage. Compare the Zaino side to the Mequires side. Which side has more dust on it?

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Waxed car yesterday with Meguires, received my Zaion today, waxed part of car to compare shine and it does not shine any better than the Meguires. As a comparinson if you windex a mirror once or ten times it does not shine any more. Seems like a big hoax to me, they are all the same.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats because you bought Zaion. The stuff you need to get is called Zaino. If you do manage to get your hands on some Zaino, wash the car with dawn to strip off all the wax. Do all the Zaino steps and you will see a shine like you have never seen.

The mirror analogy doesnt work. With car polish you are polishing the finish. With Windex you are not polishing. A piece of sterling silver will look better polished with silver polish than toothe paste.

I think there is SOME over hype with Zaino but I think its a good wax. Plus it smells good. I sell Zaino products but I also use turtle wax because it's bullet proof but I use t-wax when I just want to protect it. Zaino when I want to look good.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
johnpahd3...Did you follow the directions?

Z1 first...do not wipe off
Z2 or Z5 next...allow to dry for an hour
After you remove the Z2 or Z5 then minor amounts of Z6
WAIT 24 HOURS...then Z2...allow to dry for an hour
After you remove then minor amounts of Z6...

Wait 24 hours...

Now compare it to your Pep Boys wax! If you still don't like it...send it to me!

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SapphireGTS:
thats because you bought Zaion. The stuff you need to get is called Zaino. If you do manage to get your hands on some Zaino, wash the car with dawn to strip off all the wax. Do all the Zaino steps and you will see a shine like you have never seen.

The mirror analogy doesnt work. With car polish you are polishing the finish. With Windex you are not polishing. A piece of sterling silver will look better polished with silver polish than toothe paste.

I think there is SOME over hype with Zaino but I think its a good wax. Plus it smells good. I sell Zaino products but I also use turtle wax because it's bullet proof but I use zaino when I just want to protect it. Zaino when I want to look good.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know you sold Zaino. Good info to have. Can you reccomend something other than a soft cloth to take the Z2 off with? Have you had any experience with any in particualr buffers?

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Yes! I would like to know about power buffers also. I have a heinz 57 type mix of mequires products in my garage, which I like, but from what I can tell, polishing and waxing are two very different things. I see most pro detailers use an electric
polisher...Is the orbital style the right one, or standard circular?

Sorry for all the Qs, but its definitely detailing time!

Tomer

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BUFFERS,
I have a 10" LOW RPM (2600) orbital buffer; why, primarily to reduce the elbow grease.
I have both my side sills off (exhaust time) and just finished the following (funny you should ask):
1. did one sill with Meguires Cleaner Wax,
one sill with Zaino Z5
2. let both dry as directed, then wiped both off just to
remove the excess - NOT to polish.
3. Then used the buffer on both with the 'fluffy' buff pad,
followed by the 'microfiber' buff pad. NO PRESSURE.
4. The Zaino had MORE sparkle when I looked at both, side by
side in the same light.
5. Just finished doing the Meguires (removed the wax)side
sill with Zaino Z5.
6. They both now sparkle, and that is only with Z5 polish.

Later,

Buzzzz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John,

I've been comparing those 2 products for a while now. You'll get a comparable shine with Meguiar's, but it'll wear off much faster. Zaino won't bake off in the sun and the maintenance is so easy- just use his car wash and dry with a chamois. That's it. You could also follow up with a _light_ spritz of Z6 spray and it'll look like you just polished it. It's definitely the best for durability, which is something I really like. I only use a 1/4 capful of car wash solution to do the entire Viper. The bottle of car wash solution is super concentrated- it'll last for years. I did a full Zaino app to my truck (a black tundra) about a month ago and I've been leaving it outside 24/7 ever since. It gets rained on, the sun makes it hot in the day, and it collects all kinds of debris. But I just wash it with the Zaino wash and the shine comes right back immediately, using only the wash and no Z6. So far there is no sign of it baking off in the sun, whatsoever. Spray a little Z6 and it looks like I just waxed for an hour.

- Buzzzz

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaion is good wax too. Hal Zaion is a good guy to work with
smile.gif

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I think there is SOME over hype with Zaino but I think its a good wax<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Zaino SELLER referring to the product as wax?? Oh, the horror. If Sal knew about this he would cut you off and have you flogged with a wet noodle.
smile.gif

Ronnie

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Sal was trying to separate himself from the other waxes. Its great stuff though. Call it a wax/polish whatever. All I use anymore is the Z5 and Z2. It has just as much mineral spirits as the other liquid waxes. Leave a bottle sit around for a month then drain out the clear part and take a big whiff.What I need is a wax that will remove rock chips.
smile.gif

Although Zaino is the BEST smelling automotive product. I have been know to wash my hair with Z7 and polish my shoes with Z9.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never cut it short when it comes to soap. LOTS of it. In fact, I use one teaspoon of corn oil in each bucket. This will keep the abrasion to a minimum. Always wash from the top down. If you drop the sponge, grab a fresh one. Lots and Lots of soap. Never more than a few strokes before the sponge is back in the buckets. Slop it around.

I use Zaino. Why, because it's easy to get off without white dust everywhere. Yes static pull is less with Zaino.

Does it shine better than others? Not really. Does it cost more....YES!

When I use Mequires, I don't wax my car, that will make it dull. True SHOW CARS are never waxed. Wax if for protection, not shine. There is no need to wax a car that is not a daily driver. I don't drive in the rain, and the car is stored in the garage. The Mequires Polish Show Glaze is all you need.

So many guys have NEVER clay barred their cars. Do this first before you ever polish or wax your car. It will make a HUGE difference in the appearance.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just put 2 coats of z2 and the gloss spray between coats
z6 and the car looks amazing!!!
i added the new quick dry drops which helped the car was dry
in about 30 mins and ready to have the wax removed ...
not a easy job waxing the car but not hard... not too much elbow
grease...

but the results are wonderful!!

JIM

Reaction score
Zaino is the best. Put 3 coats on my 2000 rt/10 and 8 coats on the top. give it a try, keep putting it on . the more you do it, the better it shines. I'am going for 100 coats. oops arm fell off anyone want to help.

Reaction score
Zaino is the best. Put 3 coats on my 2000 rt/10 and 8 coats on the top. give it a try, keep putting it on . the more you do it, the better it shines. I'am going for 100 coats. oops arm fell off anyone want to help.