ZR1 Nurburgring time correction

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Competition IS good, but Viper owners already get labeled with the stereotype of being ********** by the general public, and threads like this just prove them right. I'm active on both Viper and Corvette sites, and the crowd here can be far more abrasive and immature than the Corvette crowd when it comes to discussing Vipers. Has nothing to do with hurting feelings, just the level of immaturity some people display when discussing topics.

For what its worth, I like the ACR much better than the ZR1. But, that doesn't make me want to make fun of Corvettes or generalize their entire group of owners as crybabies. Doing so just makes US look like arrogant jerks. I'd rather break that stereotype.
Gee I am amazed that you apparently have the pulse of the general public. I didn't realize the general public view Viper owners as "douchbags". In fact, I didn't realize the "general public" viewed Viper owners in any way at all!! I'd say the "general public" on an individual basis, probably know very few people, if at all, that own Vipers, let alone view them as "douchbags" or "jerks". I'd love to see the poll on how other car owners are viewed by the general public. I'd be amazed if such a poll even existed. I believe the stereotype, that you claim is commonplace among the "general public" about Viper owners, is in fact just coming from you.

This is the Viper Club of America website. Its a site and club that values and celebrates the car and the passion that we love. We have every right to express an opinion on another car that may be viewed as another muscle car, competition, whatever. As long as we don't personally attack anyone, we have every right to disagree or dislike another car brand, and express that opinion, regardless that you may own that car. I personally believe, with past experience, that vettes are crap cars. That's my opinion. We know you love them. You've made that clear time and time and time again. That's your opinion. Fine.

I didn't see anyone mentioning your name in reference to the "vette' boys but apparently you felt compelled to come forward. Maybe you feel some animosity towards Viper owners and maybe you are a "vette boy", which is fine. The names such as "douchbag" and "arrogant ****" seems to be coming from you on the pretense that it comes from the "general public". All because you don't like that someone else doesn't like corvettes. Please don't try to attribute some negative connotations to Viper owners as coming from the "general public" when in fact, it's really just coming from you.

Last edited:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee I am amazed that you apparently have the pulse of the general public. I didn't realize the general public view Viper owners as "douchbags". In fact, I didn't realize the "general public" viewed Viper owners in any way at all!! I'd say the "general public" on an individual basis, probably know very few people, if at all, that own Vipers, let alone view them as "douchbags" or "jerks". I'd love to see the poll on how other car owners are viewed by the general public. I'd be amazed if such a poll even existed. I believe the stereotype, that you claim is commonplace among the "general public" about Viper owners, is in fact just coming from you.

Denial is a horrible thing. Surely you have been exposed to stereotypes or profiling before. Could be about how you dress, or what job you have, or how you look. Not just Vipers. Even before owning a Viper, I'd hear all sorts of negative stereotypes about owners. The whole "manhood extension" type stuff, as well as snobbery etc.. Is it true? Hell no. I've met hundreds of very friendly Viper owners. I've also witnessed dozens of jerks online. It is one thing to be proud of your car, it is something else to be arrogant about it.

This is the Viper Club of America website. Its a site and club that values and celebrates the car and the passion that we love. We have every right to express an opinion on another car that may be viewed as another muscle car, competition, whatever.

Thanks for enlightening me. I had no idea that I was paying to be in a Dodge Viper club! I really appreciate the heads up. I agree 100% about having or sharing opinions, but it also matters HOW we say something, not WHAT we say. Say something the wrong way, and it comes off as arrogance. It feeds the stereotypes. Lets get away from that nonsense.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to see the poll on how other car owners are viewed by the general public. I'd be amazed if such a poll even existed. I believe the stereotype, that you claim is commonplace among the "general public" about Viper owners, is in fact just coming from you.

There are stereotypes about certain car owners, like BMW M3 owners.:D

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Denial is a horrible thing. Surely you have been exposed to stereotypes or profiling before. Could be about how you dress, or what job you have, or how you look. Not just Vipers. Even before owning a Viper, I'd hear all sorts of negative stereotypes about owners. The whole "manhood extension" type stuff, as well as snobbery etc.. Is it true? Hell no. I've met hundreds of very friendly Viper owners. I've also witnessed dozens of jerks online. It is one thing to be proud of your car, it is something else to be arrogant about it.

Thanks for enlightening me. I had no idea that I was paying to be in a Dodge Viper club! I really appreciate the heads up. I agree 100% about having or sharing opinions, but it also matters HOW we say something, not WHAT we say. Say something the wrong way, and it comes off as arrogance. It feeds the stereotypes. Lets get away from that nonsense.
.....Bull.....

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Competition IS good, but Viper owners already get labeled with the stereotype of being ********** by the general public, and threads like this just prove them right. I'm active on both Viper and Corvette sites, and the crowd here can be far more abrasive and immature than the Corvette crowd when it comes to discussing Vipers. Has nothing to do with hurting feelings, just the level of immaturity some people display when discussing topics.

For what its worth, I like the ACR much better than the ZR1. But, that doesn't make me want to make fun of Corvettes or generalize their entire group of owners as crybabies. Doing so just makes US look like arrogant jerks. I'd rather break that stereotype.

LMAO!! Aren't you a hero...........

Lets not forget that you are the dork who put white wheels on his Viper, therefore disabling any sort of potential personal credibility. I have a few vettes but would never proclaim that they are anywhere near what a Viper is.

Corvette owners are some of the biggest nerds, circle jerkers and lower middle class posers that exist in the automotive world. For the most part, they hate the Viper just as a runt red headed boy hates the bully who has been giving him "wedgies" and all out a$$ whippings since 3rd grade up until high school. That nerdy, little red head has been working diligently in his bedroom, after school, conjuring up little ***** traps, fire ******* bombs etc. hoping to get his revenge one day, only to get ***** slapped again and again.

P.S. Is this the "anything goes" section or do I have to continue to hold back??

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that both vette and viper owners talk crap. Trust me I frequent both forums quite often. That is what being an American is all about though having your own opinion. Personally I would never own a Vette but I own a Camaro that would walk most vipers, even my own viper on the nitrous. Long live American muscle.

mcar00

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For the record, I have never knocked a Vett owner. I think the car is crap but that has little to do with the owner IMO.

Chuck, I'm shocked and appalled to hear this especially from you! I thought we were living in the 21st century! :rolaugh: Realistically, if the car was crap you wouldn't see many on the road or track. And for the record, I think you almost knocked me off Turn 17 once in a blaze of lock up tire smoke! :lmao:

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is just nice seeing two American cars trouncing the best Europe and Asia has to offer... On their home track no less!

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have you driven a ZR1? I have both the 09 ZR1 & an 08 ACR & I must say that the ZR1 is as fast as an ACR but doesn't beat you to death on the highway. The ACR is probably a better track car, but the ZR1 is certainly a better dailey driver.

THE ACR HAS A MORE "IN YOUR FACE DESIGN THAT IS UNIQUE" WHEREAS THE ZR1 IS REALLY JUST ANOTHER CORVETTE EXCEPT FOR "CAR GUYS"

HOWEVER, THE BOTTOM LINE IS I LIKE BOTH.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck, I'm shocked and appalled to hear this especially from you! I thought we were living in the 21st century! :rolaugh: Realistically, if the car was crap you wouldn't see many on the road or track. And for the record, I think you almost knocked me off Turn 17 once in a blaze of lock up tire smoke! :lmao:

That explains why you keep your distance now. :D 17, 1, 7, 10, 13. I've flatspotted at all of 'em.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased the first of many Vettes in '85 and it had the widest rear tires I'd ever seen up to that point, a 255 sized tire. WOW. There was no Vipers at that time though so the Vettes ruled in the 80's. Then the Vipers came along, then after many years not owning Vettes I got my hands on a C5Z06 w/ another first from an American car maker - over 400HP. The HP war between GM and Dodge really made things interesting this decade and I LOVE it. All I can say is I don't care how you look at it, if it wasn't for the rivalry, there wouldn't be that many 600+HP machines for us to own or drool over. I just hope the rivalry can go on forever.
There're GT40's and GT500's and GT3, GT2, GT2, GT-R, but what's a GT50?

Sorry, I crossed the GT with a GT500 either way they are both foids!