ZR1 Scalping

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car Dude - you own the track record with your ACR? Perfect, thankyou.

As far as vette guys turning into Viper guys there's a lot. Not so many Mustang into Viper guys (Mustang has a back seat and a different class of car).

As far as the Viper coming from the vette??? The Viper is a Shelby co-operative and was built to take over the performance market from Ferrari, Porsche etc. Vette was about 200hp then? The original Vipers (Gen 1 and 2) share heritage with Shebly's AC Cobra and the Shelby Daytona coupe. The GTS was built as a hartop for racing (and kicking asp) in Lemans and Grand Prix. The ACR and GTS/coupe were discontinued after the ruling body added extra weight and ordered 30 and 40% restrictor plates to attempt to keep Dodge from being on the Podium so often during the late 90s.

I'm wondering if corvette builds an ACRX of a comp coupe so that we could compare the Dodge "stock" racer to the GM ZR1X with NO restrictors of extra Dodge weights and really see which car rules. Oh, the ACR wins everything with street tires (almost forgot, :) )

Anyway, the hate in the thread seemed to be against the Viper from the vette guys. Imagine making up that the ZR1 has any records for speed performance? No hate. Hopefully the vettes keep on spanking the GTR. Go vette!

Ted

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the big deal? Most everyone knows that pound for pound and horsepower to horsepower Vipers are faster than Vettes. Why I even beat a guy on a busa once. I kind of snuck up on him while approaching a light and while he started to slow down I nailed it just as the light turned green. I left him standing in his tracks:lmao:so I guess you can say I scalped a busa.:smirk:
PaVenom RT/10

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure you did...but you forgot to also add that he was in reverse while you passed him (that was me btw).:rolaugh::rolaugh:

FastestBusaAround

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car Dude - you own the track record with your ACR? Perfect, thankyou.

As far as vette guys turning into Viper guys there's a lot. Not so many Mustang into Viper guys (Mustang has a back seat and a different class of car).

As far as the Viper coming from the vette??? The Viper is a Shelby co-operative and was built to take over the performance market from Ferrari, Porsche etc. Vette was about 200hp then? The original Vipers (Gen 1 and 2) share heritage with Shebly's AC Cobra and the Shelby Daytona coupe. The GTS was built as a hartop for racing (and kicking asp) in Lemans and Grand Prix. The ACR and GTS/coupe were discontinued after the ruling body added extra weight and ordered 30 and 40% restrictor plates to attempt to keep Dodge from being on the Podium so often during the late 90s.

I'm wondering if corvette builds an ACRX of a comp coupe so that we could compare the Dodge "stock" racer to the GM ZR1X with NO restrictors of extra Dodge weights and really see which car rules. Oh, the ACR wins everything with street tires (almost forgot, :) )

Anyway, the hate in the thread seemed to be against the Viper from the vette guys. Imagine making up that the ZR1 has any records for speed performance? No hate. Hopefully the vettes keep on spanking the GTR. Go vette!

Ted

Me, I'm thinking you're referring to - however...I AM A VIPER GUY. I also have a Z, but am definitely Viper all the way. I absolutely love my Viper and drive it as often as I can. It blows the Z away in sex appeal and IS the King of the road. Any Vette is still a Vette. I'm just not the guy who chooses to accept a lot of the BS claims that go with it (and there are many). I'm not brand loyal, and have had many different types /brands of rides. Today, I have those 2 rides in the stable.

I also agree that on a track (not drag) - the ACR takes everything hands down...only from my research and what I've read, because I don't race cars.

I will however take issue with the ZR1 not taking speed records, as I believe a stock ZR1 will take any stock Viper on the drag strip easier than the other way around. Same power, with 342's - it's better geared for the drag strip...but not on a course, I'm sure.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I mean really....How much cheese needs to be graded in this world? i had a vette. Good car. But nothing compafrable to the viper experiance..

To me the biggest differance is this...When you own a vette the local mustang club may invite you to go one one of their cruises.

When you own a viper the local Ferrari club may ask you to go on one of their cruises.

Yea a base price Z06 may only be 12K less than a Viper vert or a ZR1 may be 7 K more than an ACR....Yea they may all have very similar performance..The vettes may even look a lil like the Viper..

But thats were it all starts and ends...The viper IS sexier..IS much more rare...And sits much higher up on the automotive world food chain...

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I beat my supercharged Z06 in my Viper. The hardest part was jumping car to car so that I could drive both at the same time. I didn't want it to be a driver's race.

LOL