ZR1 Scalping

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay I would like to mediate, the variety of ingredients that goes into a race, any race is what usually decides who wins, everything from driver balls and ability to of course road and temperature conditions to what's under the hood of both parties. I have no doubt aries whipped his but b/c of what he has but as I said earlier he could have easily got beat due to tire spin or the Vette unknown to him had some mods too! We all know how easy it is to miss a shift in our Viper's, see pro driver video from the ring. Go easy on each other guys, it's all good reading so no need to get crazy!! That being said if anyone ever wants to get their butt whipped I'll break out my '74 Z1 Kawi drag bike!!! LOL Unless you can run low 9's your puttin' one in the loss column!!! :lmao:

Couldn't agree more. I don't know if the ZR1 let off, missed a shift, got a call from his wife saying he needs to pick up some bread at the store, got something stuck in his eye, hell maybe his favorite Madonna song came on and he decided that dancing to it was more important than trying to beat me.....who knows????

What I do know is that when I was behind him and we both hit it, I was gaining on him.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey... I got no class :rolaugh:

And I also don't have the standard that if I wasn't there or if you didn't bring it to my house to show me blah blah that it must not have happened.

This is a Viper forum and we talk about Vipers beating other cars some times and if you find exception to that go back to the Big Wheel forums :lmao:

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting discussion Viper vs ZR1. I would say the Viper is faster and maybe that's why my daily driver is a ZR1 and the ACR is just for weekend fun.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you realize it is perfectly normal and part of the fun to talk trash about your rival, all done in good fun. For example, do you like any professional sports teams? I'll bet you've occasionally talked trash about your team's rivals. So whether its the yankees vs. the red sox, the penguins vs. the flyers, or the viper vs. the vette...don't take things so seriously and have some fun.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you realize it is perfectly normal and part of the fun to talk trash about your rival, all done in good fun. For example, do you like any professional sports teams? I'll bet you've occasionally talked trash about your team's rivals. So whether its the yankees vs. the red sox, the penguins vs. the flyers, or the viper vs. the vette...don't take things so seriously and have some fun.

I'm a Cleveland Browns fan so I've had no room to trash talk in a long, long, LONG time. :( lol

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting discussion Viper vs ZR1. I would say the Viper is faster and maybe that's why my daily driver is a ZR1 and the ACR is just for weekend fun.
I think we'll all enjoy an upcoming filming that was done for Forum Wars ... Our very own Viper X pitted his ACR against a ZR1, owned and driven by a major car care company owner... The producers weren't going to show the episode, kinda hard to do that to your sponsor... :lmao:

Last I heard the show will go on! Season 2...

Hey it happens :usa:

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although, I think that the Gen 4s are a little bit slow, that's why I own 2 sc'd Vipers.

:omg:well , i have been into several high performance cars and i can assure you that stock Gen 4s are NOT slow , infact i was amazed at how fast it is compared to more expensive cars (R8,Maseratti and F430)

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah...I use to hate on Vettes...til I bought the ZR1. Why did I buy it...because I can. Why all the hate talk. If Viper owners want respect...then give it. It is no wonder Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc...owners hate on us...we do the same to a very respectable brand of car that has a much longer history than our Vipers.

I just wonder when we will stop looking down on others to make ourselves feel better. If you think your car is so bad ass then lets go to the track...one with corners!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So the ZR1 is an amazing 40bhp more than an 08 Viper? At $100,000 extra some people might be proud ... I guess. Sorry but if I had an extra hundred thou, I'd buy another Gen 2 with a TT. Since I have a Paxton and a TS I am not impressed by the ZR1 38bhp more than a ordinary stock Viper. As far as the track comment goes - well I guess there'll be many FASTER than ZR1 ACRXs at the World cup. Everyone knows that the ACRX was built to spank the ZR1s and add just a tiny bit to the ACR cars that don't get street driven. Not sure the ZR1s "heads up display" is usefull? See Deer in the dark was what I'm guessing is the purpose of the display? Too bad the ZR1 can't keep up to the stock ACR??? I guess that if you spent another $100K you could get the SRT guys to desing an aero package to allow the ZR1 to keep up to the ACR? Not the ACRX of course.

You guys aren't serious? Change a pulley and tune? Maybe buy a Gen 3 Viper and $6500 worth of 670bhp Paxton supercharger? So the pulley and tune on a used ZR1 should be good for $250,000 and it'll still lose to a $56,999 like my 2000 ACR listed in the Classifieds?

On you tube I get that 1900rwhp 7.99 Viper all the time. Any street vettes go 7s with 2,000 rwhp?

Ted

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the ZR1 is an amazing 40bhp more than an 08 Viper? At $100,000 extra some people might be proud ... I guess. Sorry but if I had an extra hundred thou, I'd buy another Gen 2 with a TT. Since I have a Paxton and a TS I am not impressed by the ZR1 38bhp more than a ordinary stock Viper. As far as the track comment goes - well I guess there'll be many FASTER than ZR1 ACRXs at the World cup. Everyone knows that the ACRX was built to spank the ZR1s and add just a tiny bit to the ACR cars that don't get street driven. Not sure the ZR1s "heads up display" is usefull? See Deer in the dark was what I'm guessing is the purpose of the display? Too bad the ZR1 can't keep up to the stock ACR??? I guess that if you spent another $100K you could get the SRT guys to desing an aero package to allow the ZR1 to keep up to the ACR? Not the ACRX of course.

You guys aren't serious? Change a pulley and tune? Maybe buy a Gen 3 Viper and $6500 worth of 670bhp Paxton supercharger? So the pulley and tune on a used ZR1 should be good for $250,000 and it'll still lose to a $56,999 like my 2000 ACR listed in the Classifieds?

On you tube I get that 1900rwhp 7.99 Viper all the time. Any street vettes go 7s with 2,000 rwhp?

Ted

So Ted you need a lesson on the track too? Bring what you own...

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car dude...Im not getting you...

it really seems that you are just being childish. No were in the origional posters story did he belittle the ZR1. he simply told what happenned..

I drive a 03 viper..Stock it's supposed to do 11.8 at 122 mph with a good driver. Lets say I was rolling down the freeway and along came a C5 vette. The 350 HP one that is suppose to run 13.1 at 109 mph with a good driver..

So we try to pass eachother and the vette ends up haveing a stroked engine and a supercharger for 550 rwhp and he ends up 3 cars ahead of me..

YOU BETTER BELIEAVE IM GONNA HAVE A SURPRISED LOOK ON MY FACE...

Thats all his story was about. never did he belittle the vette. You jump to conclusions..

The thing is that most of us can have only one new Viper or new Zr1 or a pair like an older used Viper and an older used nsx/z06/supra ect...

And we all chose the Viper for numerous reasons. If you just can have them all then thats very good...And I hope you enjoy them..

But for most of us who had to choose we chose the Viper

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
FYI,

At our last "Dyno Day" at DC Performance in 2009, which is posted on this site (somewhere), a new ZR1 "dynoed" 518 rwhp, vs a new Gen IV's 510 rwhp - both bone stock.

Same day, same dyno, ZR1 had "sat" all day to be sure that it wasn't heat soaked.

These very similar hp outputs should make for a "driver's race" between the cars at the drags and on the road course with the ZR1 having a gearing advantage (along with launch control, traction control & stability control).

One thing for sure, a stock ZR1 or stock Gen IV Viper would have no chance in a roll on race against a 700 rwhp supercharged Viper ..... but either race would be fun to watch!

..... and it is fun to see the look of surprise on the driver's face of another "relatively fast" car like any Viper, Porsche Carrera GT, any Ferrari, ZR1, Z06, Porsche GT2 or twin turbo when you not only catch him from behind when he's on it but blow past him and leave him in the dust in your high hp Paxton or Twin Turboed Viper - I've done this a few times too.

Dan

PS You guys will have to look for Forum Wars this fall sponsored by Royal Purple .....

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The OP wasn't hating on the ZR1, it was strange to me though with the power his built blown car makes that people were surprised the he won thats all.

Technically the ZR1 is a stud, my personal taste is more partial to the styling and attitude of the ACR. It's not that I don't respect the ZR1 it just doesn't do anything for me.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So Ted you need a lesson on the track too? Bring what you own...

You own an ACR???

Not sure how you'll take this but ... the street tire record at Race City track (Calgary) was owned by one of members (a race driver instructor) driving a Heffner 1000rwhp Muricalago. That was until last year when he bought a new ACR and broke his previous record in that 550rwhp Viper. Just like Laguna Seca, the ring and tracks all over the ACR holds records until the ACRX comes out and breaks those I guess. Other than beating the GTR I havn't heard of any ZR1 records.

I don't understand comments like, "If you havn't driven one you can't talk." Really, is that just for vettes or does that hold true for GTRs, 10 cylinder Audis, Zondas and S2000 Hondas too?

Fireball is a nice guy and I'm sure he'd be happy to have a challenger for his street tire record.

Ted

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack this tread but Dude;

I think I am going to have to see pics of the ZR1 at the house for proof of purchase. I can not believe you bought a ZR1 on top of the three Vipers, revolving daily drivers, Jeep SRT8, King Ranch, etc. etc. Or better yet, I can not believe "M" has not said enough already. Great if you can do it but that is just a lot of vehicles.

Still think everyone is fighting over a driver's race. The cars in the thread are most likely pretty even, though one was built for max power and the other built for power and reliability.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah...I use to hate on Vettes...til I bought the ZR1. Why did I buy it...because I can. Why all the hate talk. If Viper owners want respect...then give it. It is no wonder Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc...owners hate on us...we do the same to a very respectable brand of car that has a much longer history than our Vipers.

I just wonder when we will stop looking down on others to make ourselves feel better. If you think your car is so bad ass then lets go to the track...one with corners!

Thank you for defining how we should all act on this forum. According to you. LOL.

I think Disney has a site that will never ruffle feathers, where no one will ever have an attitude, and you can safely tell your stories without anything but praise.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
car dude...Im not getting you...

it really seems that you are just being childish. No were in the origional posters story did he belittle the ZR1. he simply told what happenned..
Thats all his story was about. never did he belittle the vette. You jump to conclusions..

Your kidding right..he never belittled the Vette...just anyone who owns one...

... You know i don't talk sh*t about vettes but I will now, here's the bottom line. all a Vette owner is, is a Mustang owner with more money...THAT'S IT!!! You see them here, there, everywhere, just like a Mustang. It's a more expensive "mee too" car. Oh you have a vette? Me too....

How many "Vette" guys do you think turned into Viper guys? Stop the hating. I didn't grow up with money, so I have also owned a few Mustangs as well.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack this tread but Dude;

I think I am going to have to see pics of the ZR1 at the house for proof of purchase. I can not believe you bought a ZR1 on top of the three Vipers, revolving daily drivers, Jeep SRT8, King Ranch, etc. etc. Or better yet, I can not believe "M" has not said enough already. Great if you can do it but that is just a lot of vehicles.

Still think everyone is fighting over a driver's race. The cars in the thread are most likely pretty even, though one was built for max power and the other built for power and reliability.

http://forums.viperclub.org/driven/636472-help-srts-making-fun-new-addition.html

Hope this satisfies...05 traded in...missed you last weekend at Breck.

And actually I think the fighting is stupid, its not my intention. I am just saying stop the hating...put up or shut up. If you are going to bash an entire group of car enthusiast, no matter what they drive (Prius bashing OK though) you should be ridiculed!

And Ted...I currently hold the street car record at my home track with my ACR...vette can't keep up.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your kidding right..he never belittled the Vette...just anyone who owns one...

How many "Vette" guys do you think turned into Viper guys? Stop the hating. I didn't grow up with money, so I have also owned a few Mustangs as well.

I didn't "hate" until the hate was projected at me. Contrary to your belief I grew up incredibly poor. I had no father and a mother that worked two jobs for a total of 65 hours a week at the age of 60 and would make a combined income of $26,000 a year. My first car was a 1982 VW rabbit that I paid $500 for by doing the things most kids do to earn money, cut grass, rake leaves, shovel snow, just to name a few. I've worked and earned EVERYTHING I have in my life, so the insinuation that I've been given or had money all my life is complete and utter bullsh*t!!!!

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't "hate" until the hate was projected at me. Contrary to your belief I grew up incredibly poor. I had no father and a mother that worked two jobs for a total of 65 hours a week at the age of 60 and would make a combined income of $26,000 a year. My first car was a 1982 VW rabbit that I paid $500 for by doing the things most kids do to earn money, cut grass, rake leaves, shovel snow, just to name a few. I've worked and earned EVERYTHING I have in my life, so the insinuation that I've been given or had money all my life is complete and utter bullsh*t!!!!

What are you talking about...I said I didn't grow up with money (nothing about you)...so, as such I have owned a few Mustangs over the years. Read what you wrote...and stop hating just because you said somebody else was hating on you. Have some respect for other owners that help further our love for the automobile. If it weren't for the Vette/Mustang there would be no Viper. The Vette was the first! 1953...wow that is some history. If there weren't a ZO6 there wouldn't be a 600 HP Viper. They raise the bar...we raise the bar....and so on and so on. I love my Vipers and would chose them over the ZR1 everyday of the week, but I am very fortunate to have both.

Lastly, I wouldn't have posted a thing if you wouldn't have slung poo at the Mustang and Vette. Consequently, this will be my last post in this thread...it is now a worthless thread...filled with hate. At any point you can apoligize to the Vette and Mustang owners!

Frankly if money were no consequence, my garage would be filled with everthing I could get my grubby hands on. :)

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the ZR1 is an amazing 40bhp more than an 08 Viper? At $100,000 extra some people might be proud ..." ..."Not sure the ZR1s "heads up display" is usefull? See Deer in the dark was what I'm guessing is the purpose of the display? ...
Ted

$100,000 extra? Not sure what that means since a ZR1 costs a just a little more than an ACR?

Heads up Display is totally useful in that you don't have to drop your eyes to the tach.

Here's what I would trade between the two cars:

1. Would love to have the Viper seats in my ZR1.

2. Would love to have the ZR1 heads up display in my ACR.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for defining how we should all act on this forum. According to you. LOL.

I think Disney has a site that will never ruffle feathers, where no one will ever have an attitude, and you can safely tell your stories without anything but praise.

LOL. Oh and don't forget we can all sing kumba ya! :rolleyes:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So,lets get a unoffical count how many Viper owners own a C6 ZR1.The best American Sports Cars.
I will start the count with 2 here in Fort Lauderdale Florida.
Who else ???????

2008 Viper Coupe
2009 Corvette ZR1
2010 Ford Raptor(6.2)One Bad 4x4

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang