Corsa install: help .... pleeeze

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, at the risk of sounding "special", I'm having a dog of a time figuring how to to get the middle crossover piece off. Everything else is off the car, went smooth as silk, eh hem, except this darn middle crossover, I've tried wiggling, jiggling, yada yada, and it's driving me bonkers. I'm so close to finishing, help?!

I read on the site that I don't need to drop the skide plate, but do I? Yes, I took the heat shield off, no problem, the cross over is just laying their flopping around, but I can't get it out. Argh.
:bonker:
Dave
03 SRT

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could ask the 'Viper Wizard' here in NY--his company is tatorsdodge.msm.com. He is THE Wizard and I'm sure he would be glad to help you out...we also had the crossover removed and put in the Corsa-you will be GLAD you did it--ahhhh, what a sound!!! :headbang: ~juli

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks folks.

I got it. In the time I spent looking at it, I just unfastened the back half of the skid plate & it dropped right out.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't get this G** D*** thing out.

I'm almost done with the install

My friend and I were up until 2AM trying to get this FOUL part out of my car.

The crossover pipes don't want to clear the frame and will not just drop down.

I have the skidplate off the car too.

HELP!!

I don't want to resort to a SAWZALL but I will if I have to.

We've tried all sorts of methods to get the crossover pipe out and one part of the pipe on either side won't clear the frame no matter what I do.

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Dman was having problems, then got it out, and xjrguy still can't get his out.

This gives me great faith b/c I'm about to switch mine out too.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SAWZALL FOR THE WIN!!

Damn piece would NOT have come out with out it.

I cut off (first time using a Sawzall by the way!!) a 3 inch piece of one of the pipes and boom it fell out.

This should MOST DEFINITELY be part of any documentation for removing the crossover.

I am not sure how anybody can have this section of pipe just magically fall out, it's wedged in there pretty good. Better question is how did it get in there!

Anyay, I just got back from a trip down to Malibu with some friends and man this thing is mean now. With the Green Filters sucking air and the Corsa's expelling it the Viper really breathes now.

Sounds bloody awesome through the tunnels on Kanan.

Gas mileage appears better too.

Heat reduction is AMAZING.

:drive:

Rattles the windows in our garage at IDLE!!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was DMAN in 2007, and I resurrected the thread this morning.

Sawzall did it in the end.

Ah, I did not even notice the date,,,and even if I did i still think its 2007....:D

I will have to say Corsa actually put mine on and i have all the old factory pipes and they are not cut. I didn't watch them so i can't say but it did come out somehow.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ah, I did not even notice the date,,,and even if I did i still think its 2007....:D

I will have to say Corsa actually put mine on and i have all the old factory pipes and they are not cut. I didn't watch them so i can't say but it did come out somehow.

Maybe they cut your FRAME to get it out! LOL :rolaugh:

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would you guys and gals believe that I installed the exhaust, cut the crossover, removed the pipes, the undertray and reinstalled everything WITHOUT using a jackstand, and without putting the car up in the air?
:headbang:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The crossover will come out once the clamps have been removed and it has be separated into 3 sections. You need to remove the side mufflers first. I have removed many of these and have even reinstalled a few back into customers vipers. The left and right sections come out first and the center section last. It takes time, patience, and you need to remove the belly pan. Guys, I feel your pain.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rob,

Believe me when I say this crossover pipe in my car would not come out without cutting it.

I did take off the side pipes and the other attached paraphernalia and still that one section of pipe near the driveshaft would not come out without sawzalling it.

Tim

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about it. You will no longer have use for the stock exhaust. Nor is there a market for it. Mine just takes up space in my basement...

Rob,

Believe me when I say this crossover pipe in my car would not come out without cutting it.

I did take off the side pipes and the other attached paraphernalia and still that one section of pipe near the driveshaft would not come out without sawzalling it.

Tim

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine's in the trash waiting to be collected on Thursday morning pickup.
:rolaugh:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I suggest you all keep your stock exhausts, whenever you sell your car, (I doubt most of you guys plan on keeping your current viper for 50-70 years) you can put the stock exhaust back on and sell your corsa on ebay or the classifieds here. That is how I bought my Corsa, and if you upgrade to a newer model who knows the corsa still might just fit on the new one.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a good idea, but unfortunately after sawing up my crossover and throwing my pipes up in the air and into the street a couple times I doubt anyone would want them.

It was a good stress reliever after trying to get that damn crossover out.

Tim

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, you've made me feel better, at the time I felt a little challenged. Once I took my skid plate off & broke the xover into 3 pieces like Robbie says, it came right out - with a little jiggling & prayer.

Congrats on the install, it's a very satisfying do-it-yourself project. I jogged thru the front yard like Rocky when that dang xover came out!

Enjoy the benefits, great sound & waaay cooler, it's great and only gets better.

D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine