02 GTS Ebay

GViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to start a post regarding the exhaust sound. There is a 2002 gts for sale on ebay. They claim the car has the factory glasspacks deleted?

My question is:
What is done to achieve the best sound? Most can agree that stock the car does not sound great, and with the cats it is really restrictive and hot. Any sound clips?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tons of threads and videos. click on search and enter "exhaust sound" etc. Same on youtube.com

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
exhaust component combinations (stock exhaust/headers, cats/no cats/high-flow cats, all the different brands, etc., etc.) are endless and they all make different sounds. an internet sound clip will never allow you to hear what a specific combination truly sounds like. i suggest you attend some viper events and hear as many cars as you can, ask questions, and determine which one you think is the best sound.

OP
OP
G

GViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!!
I know there are a ton of videos, but it is really hard to base a consensus on sound via a clip on you tube. I will do another search.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
which one? I have stock (with Paxton and highflows) and Corsa on my ACR. It's quiet, has no 'drone' and rumbles nicely.

My GTS has a 10# Roe supercharger, rockers, cam, pistons, Headers, Cat Delete and Corsa Track exhaust. Rumbles and shakes at idle. Everyone can hear the power and comment on if often. Can be heard a mile away at WOT. The ACR sounds like a 500hp Viper. The GTS sounds like it's barely streetable.

I prefer the Loud aggressive sound of the Track exhaust much more than the Street exhaust. All my driving is highway driving.

But most people like it ON MY car, lol.

YouTube - rtttted

The Red/silver with runcraps, stock engine and has a Roe Racing 8# supercharger (600rwhp/644rwtq), Roe Hi-flow Cats with Random Tech 3" exhaust. If you prefer idle loud and get quieter (almost) at WOT, then this is the one for you. The Red/Silver ACR has the stock engine with Paxton 600rwhp and Corsa.

Ted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960