02 GTS or 01 ACR????????

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a chance to buy either a 02 GTS FE (1100 miles) or a 01 Yellow/Black stripe ACR (1200 miles). The ACR is $60K and the GTS is $61K. Which one is a better deal and worth more in the long run???

Thanks,
ROB :usa:

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would prefer the FE. i think value on both would be pretty close in the long run. maybe the FE a little more as it is officially the last year of the coupe.

i also like the wheels better on the FE than the ACR. both are sweet though! good luck...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very tough call. If you are looking for a more "racing" feel go with the ACR but if you want the last official Coupe then go with the FE. They are both great cars but it is a tough call. When it comes down to it, this will be your personal preference; but once you do make your decision please let us know. :2tu:

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is a 1 of 50ish, the FE is a 1 of 300ish. The ACR's are also interesting in that the racer types often dump the shocks for Penskes and dump the wheels for Purners. So, I would guess that the ACR with all the original pieces would be the more valuable car in the long run.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sh*t you can't go wrong!
Which color do you like more?
Any mods to either of them?

Man, life it tough when you have to make a decision like that! :laugh:

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No mods, both cars are stock, wheels , exhaust, shocks...

Thanks for the input. Some people said that the ACR ride is way too rough. Is this true or are they just not used to a Viper's ride.

Thanks,

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
History has shown that higher performance versions of sports cars that cost marginally more when current, end up costing astronomically more in the future. Why is that? The wealthy will always find something to pick on to move their money around. They unfortunately noticed automobiles by the late seventies.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
History has shown that higher performance versions of sports cars that cost marginally more when current, end up costing astronomically more in the future. Why is that? The wealthy will always find something to pick on to move their money around. They unfortunately noticed automobiles by the late seventies.

Very good point. I was just at Barrett-Jackson last week and the late 60's and early 70's muscle cars out there went for BIG bucks. Face it the Viper is the TRUE American Muscle car...PERIOD.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Gus,

The dealer down there misrepresented the car. They were supposed to wire my money back yesterday, but could not so they are sending a check today. I am going for the 01 Yellow ACR.

I will see you again soon at one of the events. You have a FE now right???

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR's Rock, and the 01's and 02's can EASILY be toned town with the ADJUSTABILITY of the shocks rebound and dampening. If someone tells you OTHERWISE, they are full of it, as I have changed my suspension adjustmets at least 10 different times, to accomodate different acitivites. You can make an ACR feel "softer" then a stock viper. At least on the 01 and 02's. (Dont believe the hype about 1100 lbs rear springs being dangerous or too much, I have 27k miles on them).

Jon

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rob - Good luck with ACR -- I do have an FE, #022. I need to email Tony a new pic for my Avitar, just haven't got around to it. Hope to see you soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather