03 cobra VS 04 SRT-10 video here, check it out.....

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same HP Viper is about 300lbs lighter sounds like Viper driver error.

I don't buy that those cobra's are pigs!
I bet he's done more than basic bolt ons. Wonder how he would do against a blown GTS?
It appears to me that the driver of the Viper blew it from the start.

nomoreGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have driven modded 03's one had 421 rwhp and it didn't pull like Dad's car 99 GTS stock and I never even got passed 4300rpm in first. It is always hard to tell from a roll.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a stock srt has more hp then 446

and i agree with 2mantoys viper blew it from the start

friend of mine has an 03 cobra with the stock s/c takin off and a procharger p1sc put on (which is a good charger) and hes got 3:55's and trick flow intake (which would all make what that cobra had if not more) and my 99 R/T smokes it with just k&n filters not even smoothies on it and lets not forget a gen 2 R/T is 3900 and some change

VIPERnXr4ti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY i was hangin out at Dunkin Donuts (on Route 9, yes thats where everyone hangs out) but i just missed the SRT (he left mins before i got there) then the guy in the Stang came back and said he beat the Viper, i looked him dead in the eye and said probably driver error...he got all pissed and said Vipers run 12.4's stock and i laughed...apparently the owner of the Viper said he was banging gears hard and shifting around 6k (thats what the guy in the chase car told me he said) im not sure if thats proper shift points on the Viper or not but even though that Cobra is making more ponies i doubt it should have won against a good driver...

Anthony

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure who it is. But I know exactly where that is. I'm thinking Moundir and I (in his car!)should go out seeking revenge for our fallen viper comrad!

VIPERnXr4ti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where are you from??...I live in Poughkeepsie...technically i believe where they were on Route 9 is in Poughkeepsie....where is Moundir from??...if you guys showed up out at Dunkin Donuts one night you would steal the show...in either of your cars...there is a twin turbo(wanna say chevelle but its slipping my mind) that comes out that supposedly could run in the 7's but has never been able to make a full pass because he always breaks something lol

Anthony

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
friend of mine has an 03 cobra with the stock s/c takin off and a procharger p1sc put on (which is a good charger) and hes got 3:55's and trick flow intake (which would all make what that cobra had if not more) and my 99 R/T smokes it with just k&n filters not even smoothies on it and lets not forget a gen 2 R/T is 3900 and some change

You need to do some research man... I've seen one '03 Cobra w/ a centrifugal blower conversion and it was at SEMA. It was making over 700 rwhp. If you're talking about a "trick flow" intake you're talking about a 5.0 cobra not a blown '03. Yes a Viper will kill a 5.0 with a blower, but a BPU '03 is a great race. (BPU is intake, smaller blower pully on the stock blower, and exhaust). Also, there's no way in hell a gen II rt/10 is 3900 lbs. The RT/10 is actually a few pounds lighter than a GTS which weighs in ~3400.

Put the Kenne Bell upgraded blower on an '03 and you'll get your ass kicked. There's two guys by me that have the KB upgrade and both are making over 600 rwhp on pump gas and run deep 10's. There some of the fastest cars around in a straight line.

The car in this video was BPU and like the other BPU cobras is capable of deep 12's. The day the faster car always wins the race is the end of the appeal of drag racing. So a SRT "should" be faster w/ equal drivers, but he still lost... it's a close race.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a stock srt has more hp then 446

and lets not forget a gen 2 R/T is 3900 and some change

The 03 Cobra HP is listed RWHP. If you think the stock srt has more than 446 RWHP then what does it have?

Where are you getting info that Gen 2 R/T is 3900lbs? They weigh approx 3450lbs

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
weighs 3400 no kiddin i did not know that.

Also the trick flow i confused with another mustang a friend of mine has that is a 94 gt 5.0. but i smoked both either way and i only had my viper since november 21st 2003 so i cant be the best driver with it, I also never drove one prier to buying one.

not sure i always thought the SRT had more then that, guess im wrong.

and if the 03 cobra put the kenny bell on it i would get my ass kicked but the kenny bell is almost the same as a roe so if ya gave the cobra one gotta give the viper one then i would kill it.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info about the weight my reg slip says 3900 pounds that the dealer put in for so i just went by that but thats cool to know

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes a blown Viper will kick the [******] out of most anything if it's driven well (no replacement for displacement) BUT, the beautiful thing is that the '03 cobra can have alomst 700 rwph for like $4000-$6000 in mods. No I wouldn't want to have one over my Z06, but you've got to give respect where it's due... ford mad a sweet motor that is easy and cheap to make super power.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree with that cuz i have a 99 mustang gt and the mods are so cheap vette parts are alot more expensive as well

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the Kenne Bell upgraded blower on an '03 and you'll get your ass kicked. There's two guys by me that have the KB upgrade and both are making over 600 rwhp on pump gas and run deep 10's. There some of the fastest cars around in a straight line.

Cobra, When you say deep 10s you are saying they did around 10.6??

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,
The Kenny Bell mustangs are slugs...there are several here in town making over 650 at the wheels and not one of them in the 11's. They all trap over 120, but none are even near the 10 second zone. There are a couple of procharged cobras running around with over 650 at the wheels and last weekend at the track the fastest one ran 12.50's @ 121...a far cry from deep in the tens. There are a lot of mustangs that can spank a new srt on the street...that is a given. Most of my customers with vipers don't drive their cars anywhere near the potential of the car...most stock srt's are are only making around 440 at the wheels anyway. It comes down to driver and putting the power down to the pavement.
Later,
Joe

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hats off to the Cobra guy...he modded the car right and drove it right.

Short race, and it would have been different from a 60 roll.

Lucky for him my turbo minivans weren't around that night...

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would a Viper ever race a Mustang and for that matter a Vette is beyond me? The Viper has nothing to gain by doing so. If he beats the Mustang/Vette he is suppose to and if he losses the whole world knows about it. I never give those guys the time of day. Now if a Lambo or Ferrari pulls up next to me it's on!!! :2tu:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hell yeah i agree the viper is susposto win so if it loses its the driver but the world see's it as the viper lost hell no it dident nor would it

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know why so many of you have a problem with this. It is well known you can make anything faster with enough time and money.

That mustang obviously pulled away from the viper, driver error or not the mustang won. Now the retarted comments of the guys in the mustang are another matter.

Cobra4B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YouWish... are you the kind of arrogant [******] that thinks everye who can afford a Viper would drive one? I don't want to start another fight on this forum, but come on...

"Why would a Viper ever race a Mustang and for that matter a Vette is beyond me?"

So did you just buy your car to show off all your money and pull ******?