'03 cost speculators: Here's some more data!

jcochran

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\'03 cost speculators: Here\'s some more data!

Found some interesting SRT-10 pricing information in today's release of The Car Connection news:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/index.asp?article=4485&sid=173&n=156

Says that the '03 costs roughly $10K less to make than the current snake. Anyone out there know what it costs Dodge to put together an '02, then want to speculate on a final pricetag?

James

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: \'03 cost speculators: Here\'s some more data!

I would not expect to see too much of that $10k cost saving going back to the customer.

Dodge has lost money on the Viper for a long time - an extra $10k per unit would probably make it profitable, considering a reduced support cost.

I bet most of us would be happy if the car was the same price as before, or 1-2k cheaper.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder what glasses the person who wrote the article was looking through? More radical design? It is a rip of a bunch of currently made cars, that makes it radical?

Looks like Chevy is finally going to get its title back as the best American made sports car. O well I guess we will just have to move on to Euro made cars to get some descent styling.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Couple that tidbit with the LUXURY TAX Expiration at "end of 2002"

-- I wonder if 2003's will be exempt from Lux tax?

-- I wonder of sales of '03s on 2002 will still pay lux tax?

-- I wonder why censors CLOSED the thread on lux tax?!? This new "forum" is supposted to be VGX-related, and the answers to the above could affect the VGX price by ??? .......

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The managing director of Damlier Chrysler UK, Simon Elliot announced a press release a couple of months ago that the new model would retail $15k cheaper than the current model. The side pipes will be routed to the back. Over here the cost will be reduced to make it the same as the 911 Carrera. The current viper price is $105K

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm afraid your figures are all wrong, as stated $105K US Dollars / £70K UK Pounds, 9/10 for effort though

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Neil - UK:
The managing director of Damlier Chrysler UK, Simon Elliot announced a press release a couple of months ago that the new model would retail $15k cheaper than the current model. The side pipes will be routed to the back. Over here the cost will be reduced to make it the same as the 911 Carrera. The current viper price is $105K
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe after 2003..... still not homolgamated for Europe. It will be a TOUGH thing to go to a rear exhaust as the car has a full underbelly pan with rear diffusers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456