'06 side pipe off-set in rocker panel means? ...

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... After Dodge dealer replaced cat. convertor. Can/should I try to find out why ... or can I fix myself (get underneath enough)? By rocker panel, I mean panel that covers exhaust (whatever it's technical description/name is).

This dealership keeps causing more problems than they fix and taking it back out there so many times is quite inconvenient (let alone I have more faith in myself).

When they replaced multi-function switch they forgot to swap out the turn signal relay and said they checked it before they left car for me (obviously not the case since the signals would not have worked). I discovered, took apart, got part back from them before they sent it to factory still attached to old switch, put back together ... now fine).

They did not offer me gas money, let alone that I saved them the embarassment of having sent it back to the factory incorrectly having left it on, let alone my time, inconvenience, the fact that they said they checked it and obviously did not. Would YOU have faith in them?

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tail pipe opening is about half way in the hole ... and half way blowing into the aft or rear section of the rocker panel (beyond the hole opening).

Thanks guys, Ron

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Pull the side sill, loosen the exhaust system, tap or push it back into place.

You can use a 2 x 2 inserted into the exhaust opening to rotate the pipe while you push or tap it back into place with a hammer. Just don't hit it too hard.

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK - I know how to do that, so I will try it. Will let you know and thanks for taking the time with your input. PS - right, sill plate, duh, I was at a loss there. Thanks again,

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX