08 cat Delete

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok I know some of this has been talked about before but I dont remember any real answers.:dunno: So Here I go. Has anyone modified their 08 or 09 exhaust by just deleting the second cat and replacing it with a straight pipe to the stock muffler.:confused:
I was looking at the Belanger system but think the drone or excessive noise on long highway drives (2 plus hrs or more) may not be what I am looking for. :crazy2: I would just like the Stock exhaust sound a little louder or lower tone, without all the expense of changing to a Belanger system or Corsa cat back system IF POSSIBLE! :2tu: I have read many threads about the Belanger exhaust and think for the money I may not be 100% happy with the trade off of unacceptable noise or drone down the highway, for the increase in HP.:drive: So your thoughts on just deleting the second cat would be helpful. :D
Did I say HAPPY HOLIDAYS?? Well yes I did now! :headbang:

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My toughts also, but what about the smell?
I drive a Jeep SRT8 with headers and tried the cat delete mid-pipes for a few months but the smell was getting to me and I ended up putting back the H/F cats.
Claude

OP
OP
J

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know about the smell!
Will it smell with only two of the four cats taken out?? Anybody have any Ideas???

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jeff,

I would NOT suggest just doing the one cat, there will be added noise for you but the potential issues it may cause with no performance gains would hardly be worth it I would think. The Belanger with the Corsa does not drone on the road but is loud outside the car or with the windows down. We have sold 5 of these combinations and 16 of the full Belangers with not one dissatisfied customer. They were all told though that it would be considerably louder.

The Belanger exhaust though will drone, but has a much deeper tone to it. I don't know what a long trip would be like but you can still have a normal conversation with the windows up while driving with either setup.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still deciding what to do with my 08. I love the corsa, but its to quiet. If I can figure out a way to take out all 4 cats i would, but like Mark said, there may be issues. Someone told me to take out 3 cats and still leave one in and it may be ok?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaving one cat in on one side? That wouldnt make too much sense. I just did Roe high flow cats with the Corsa and the sound is perfect.

I am still deciding what to do with my 08. I love the corsa, but its to quiet. If I can figure out a way to take out all 4 cats i would, but like Mark said, there may be issues. Someone told me to take out 3 cats and still leave one in and it may be ok?

Reaction score

Neil,

You just need to step up and get the Belangers and Corsa. It's a loud but awesome sound to go with the orange crush. :headbang:

OP
OP
J

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks everyone my last "THANK YOU" post is missing! What happened to it I do not know???
Checking on pricing now, on the Belanger corsa set up as well as the HF and corsa set up.
The cost of one cat delete at the local Muffler shop is about $125.00 to $150.00 not much of a performance gain, and only a slight tone change but the price is right!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!

N2 Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could try the high flow cats that Roe sells. It bolts right up, is 3" all the way through. You can leave it 3" or have them neck it down to 2 1/2", which I did, that allows you to bolt it up to the stock muffler. The sound is great and the motor seems much happier. Works for me!

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could try the high flow cats that Roe sells. It bolts right up, is 3" all the way through. You can leave it 3" or have them neck it down to 2 1/2", which I did, that allows you to bolt it up to the stock muffler. The sound is great and the motor seems much happier. Works for me!

Seems like a good alternative, how would you compare the sound vs stock? How much louder,deeper tone or both?
Claude

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leaving one cat in on one side? That wouldnt make too much sense. I just did Roe high flow cats with the Corsa and the sound is perfect.

I don't think I would ever leave one cat in. Although Doug Levin was the one who mentioned it to me. These damn gen4s are not as easy to play around with on the exhaust side as the gen3s are.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil,

You just need to step up and get the Belangers and Corsa. It's a loud but awesome sound to go with the orange crush. :headbang:
Mark,

I know!!!!!! Why didn't you push it more when you had my car there? LOL:D I would have much rathered you install it there for me!

I am now determined to get this 08 with my corsa and no cats, but no one seems confident in doing it. Someone else mentioned to me Mopar is coming out with an engine controller that will allow it to run with no cats? do you know anything about that?

Reaction score
Mark,

I know!!!!!! Why didn't you push it more when you had my car there? LOL:D I would have much rathered you install it there for me!

I am now determined to get this 08 with my Corsa and no cats, but no one seems confident in doing it. Someone else mentioned to me Mopar is coming out with an engine controller that will allow it to run with no cats? do you know anything about that?

I know the controller will work with high flow cats but not if it will with none. It probably would though. As for the headers I am pretty sure I offered them but I NEVER pressure sell anyone ;). I would have been happy to do so though and you would have been also. I can always back haul it this winter... oh yea you don't have winter. :mad:

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the controller will work with high flow cats but not if it will with none. It probably would though. As for the headers I am pretty sure I offered them but I NEVER pressure sell anyone ;). I would have been happy to do so though and you would have been also. I can always back haul it this winter... oh yea you don't have winter. :mad:

Haha, you did mention it to me. But the price scared me away! LOL Now i am kicking my self and looking for an alternative solution for something "loud".