08 Clutch Question

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that when engaging the clutch, there is about 1.5-2 inches of dead travel in the clutch before it actually starts to engage the clutch. Is this normal on the 08 clutch? Anyone else have this on their 08?

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed that when engaging the clutch, there is about 1.5-2 inches of dead travel in the clutch before it actually starts to engage the clutch. Is this normal on the 08 clutch? Anyone else have this on their 08?

Mine is doing the same thing. I actually posted a thread on the Heilberg thread. It must be common to the 08's. I have not had any issues yet with it and hope none of us does. :2tu:

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has some dead travel as well....but not any different than my 03 .. the clutch pedal sits a little closer to the driver than the brake pedal but both engage at a similar height.....

BTW i've let a couple of friends drive my snake and it seems the average driver is not great with a clutch... the ride was very jerky with both friends .. also they kept their left foot on the clutch pedal.. is this how most people drive?

OP
OP
S

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew... glad it's not just me with the dead travel. I have to admit, I'm good with a clutch but this one takes a bit to get used to. I put the first 50 miles on it and it was a bit jerky on the 1-2 shift.

Last edited:

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My '08 clutch feels the same. I thought at first I had lost my ability to smoothly drive a manual transmission. Getting more used to it after 500 miles.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has the same issue, although after driving, the engagement point will seem to float down another 2 inches, or come back to the usual point. The amount of "travel" seems to change after a long period of driving (maybe just stop & go/rush hour traffic). That's what worries me.

Jason

Reaction score
Most of the jerkiness on the 08' cars is from the correlation of the electric throttle and your normal clutch action. The rpm do not seem to mesh as well and the wired cars. I tend to lift a little early before clutching to give the throttle time to settle downward myself.

FWIW

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has the same issue, although after driving, the engagement point will seem to float down another 2 inches, or come back to the usual point. The amount of "travel" seems to change after a long period of driving (maybe just stop & go/rush hour traffic). That's what worries me.

Jason
Same here.It definately does change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi