08 dealer wreck from other site

V

Venomiss

Why wouldn't a dealership just give the new owners a gas card instead of sending an idiot? Sad pictures.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When will these dealers learn not to hand over keys to a 600hp car to a porter? They'd be better off trailering the thing for gas than to let a porter destroy it. It'd be cheaper, I'm sure.

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever gave the go ahead to the porter to go get the gas sould be fired to. How stupid of them. very sad pics...

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You would think the dealerships would learn by now. First wrecked viper, chaulk it up to experience. 2nd and 3rd, shame on them.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wait. The porter will file a workmen's compensation claim and rub the salt in the wound. Also, its not just an 87K tank of gas. he damaged the other cars that he ran into.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man that hurts big time. Talk about a beautiful coupe. You get to drool at the first pic and then cry after seeing the other one.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I buy a new Viper I aint gonna let anyone touch it !!!!! No crappy detail, no moving in the lot and no ass monkey salesman showing me the features!!!

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my Viper at Hill Kelly Dodge last week for something minor and they tried to push me in the lounge but I came out and around the corner I heard a ***** whining (not the service writer I dealt with) "Why can t weeee drive theeese" .There sitting in the driver s seat was this blonde (another new service writer) I guess Dodge is trying to cut down on the number of drivers but its not helping human nature.I was courteous but nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs till I got out of the dealership. Thank goodness I hadn t seen these pics .

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So my dealership had (key word here) 1 of 4 special edition new 08 Vipers that was in So Cal.

Well a customer came in and wanted to buy it, so they were doing the paper work and they handed the keys to a porter and the salesmen to go get it filled up with gas, at this point the car had 5 miles on it.

On their way back from the gas station they got 1/8 mile away from the dealership and lost control, crashing into 4 parked cars.

Witnesses said they heard loud engines noises, like he was pegged full throttle and turned around to see the Viper crash into four parked cars.

The driver (the porter) said his foot slipped off the clutch and he lost control :readclose

But its obvious by the pictures that he was going well over 50mph down the 35mph narrow street. My guess, he got on it in first and then hard shifted into second, and if you have ever driven a Viper, you know how tail happy they are. Well enough explaining, on to the pics.

Here's the car a few weeks ago when we got it into the showroom.[/B]
You must be registered for see images attach

At the scene of the crash

And the pics

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

[/QUOTE]

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people are just a waste of skin!

The owner of the dealership where I bought my Viper was the ONLY one that drove my Viper upon delivery. He pulled it in and out of the showroom. With regards to the flagship that should be the only way it gets handled prior to ownership. He even pumped the first tank for me.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL at 600 hp cars with no TC in the hands of terrible drivers. And they havent even got to the tracks yet. I'm sure we'll see many more of these.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting rarer all the time. Since it seems VERY few vipers are leaving the plant, the 08s in the wild are RARE. Keep your eyes on em!!

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back when it was dealer protocol that only the Viper Techs could touch the Vipers. Even just to move them around. Was that way @ the dealer I purchased from.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my quote, but hilarious none-the-less:

"but i've got good news, the dealer just saved a bundle of money on their car insurance by switching to geico."

DrDJ

Mopar_4_u

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sad event happened in Thousand Oaks, Cali.

The chain of events is as follows:

:drive::eyecrazy::naughty::burnout: :scared1::pile::cop:

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Note to self, DON'T EVER GET MY VIPER SERVICED THERE!

Thousand Oaks is about 12 miles from where I live, and I used to work about shouting distance from that dealer.

Tim

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if they'd part it out?

That's a brand new interior, rear clip, wheels, etc.

Tim

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why doesn't Dodge implement a system like Ford does with their GT500's

That car is DETUNED for the first dozen or so key on starts with other variables included. I mean really detuned.

So for any of the "inexperience" pilots or service personnel need to move the car, etc it is not a "lethal" weapon in their unskilled hands.

This sort of "power limiter" for the first couple starts could save a LOT of cars, not to mention prevent injuries or deaths from people not used to this car.

Tim