08 fly by wire upgrade and skip shift upgrade

natsfan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just purchased my first Viper, an 08 ACR. I have read the 08 had some issues with the fly by wire throttle that can be fixed with a reprogram. Is this true? What is the best way to get if reprogrammed?

I also have read there are some ways to by pass the skip shift. What is the best way?

The car is stock and I don't plan on doing any mods.

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to driving the car and getting more involved with the viper community.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an '08.
For the skip shift, you can buy a skip shift eliminator from Sanke Oyl sales. It's cheap and plugs into the wiring under the car on the tranny itself. Very Easy and cheap fix.
For the throttle by wire, no cheap and easy fix. You do have to buy the MOPAR PCM ,apx. $1,200-. I have not done it and have owned the car since new.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Regarding the "skip shift eliminator"...we put one on both of our '08 Vipers (one 'vert and one ACR) and it works great. However, apparently only works on the '08's and not the '09's/'10's. I believe the little wiring harness was about $15 and we found them on eBay....it showed for the new Challengers but it worked on our Vipers. The "skip shift" light will still illuminate but no codes set and no more skip shift issues...what a blessing. Mike and Kay
Just purchased my first Viper, an 08 ACR. I have read the 08 had some issues with the fly by wire throttle that can be fixed with a reprogram. Is this true? What is the best way to get if reprogrammed?

I also have read there are some ways to by pass the skip shift. What is the best way?

The car is stock and I don't plan on doing any mods.

Thanks for the help. Looking forward to driving the car and getting more involved with the viper community.

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is the throttle table for Gen4's.. you have quite a bit of control on how you want the pedal to act.

You must be registered for see images attach

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the throttle table for Gen4's.. you have quite a bit of control on how you want the pedal to act.

Please get this done for us asap!!! The throttle response is my biggest disappointment with the car.

Thanks,
George

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I have a '08 Gen IV and there is a factory pcm reflash from the dealer which I believe addresses some of the issues. My car received this when I picked it up new from the dealer. Of course, any "fix" is limited by the system on the car.

OP
OP
N

natsfan

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Being a newbie, can someone explain to me how one now adjusts these tables to improve throttle response and get this update into the car.

Thanks for all the info. Very helpful.

OP
OP
N

natsfan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, I have a '08 Gen IV and there is a factory pcm reflash from the dealer which I believe addresses some of the issues. My car received this when I picked it up new from the dealer. Of course, any "fix" is limited by the system on the car.

I read in one post somewhere that only thirst 200 '08 cars needed this reflash and all the rest came with the update from the factory. Can someone verify this information.

Thanks

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The table I posted is from the revised 08 calibration.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang