'08 Six Point

CT GTS SCUBAPRO

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In the past, I have down loaded a six point illustrated installation guide for a Gen 2. Does anyone know where there is one for an '08 coupe? There are some differences.
Thanks.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search, lots of info on Gen 3 installs, Gen 4 is the same, and their all set up for 6 points. Harness eye-bolts go in the trim piece behind the seats, (pry the cover off), lap bolts are predrilled from the factory, one on the trans tunnel, the other 6" or so behind the lap belt bolt. Do a search.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shoulder harness installation is a walk in the park.

Lap and anti sub..... well, not so much.

You can "kinda" feel the side mounting holes through the carpet. Unlike Gen 2's - the seatbelt anchor is attached to the seat on the inside - not the tunnel, so it's not a direct swapping of the bolts. You can look VERY CLOSELY through the rear of the car (easier on non-ACR's) or underneath, to find the receptacles for the bolts mounted on the sides of the transmission tunnel. The ACR is a bear to find them, since the aero bits under the car make getting a visual impossible from underneath, but you can see them (barely) by looking through the back. Of course you caould always drop the belly pan for a better view. You'll have to cut through the carpet to install the inner bolts / anchors.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have picks of the install? I am looking at doing harnesses and need to determine attachment points and hardware required. I am have Shroth build a custom belt for me. I prefer to be able to attach/remove the belts when needed with some sort of clasp to simplify the process.

Shoulder harness installation is a walk in the park.

Lap and anti sub..... well, not so much.

You can "kinda" feel the side mounting holes through the carpet. Unlike Gen 2's - the seatbelt anchor is attached to the seat on the inside - not the tunnel, so it's not a direct swapping of the bolts. You can look VERY CLOSELY through the rear of the car (easier on non-ACR's) or underneath, to find the receptacles for the bolts mounted on the sides of the transmission tunnel. The ACR is a bear to find them, since the aero bits under the car make getting a visual impossible from underneath, but you can see them (barely) by looking through the back. Of course you caould always drop the belly pan for a better view. You'll have to cut through the carpet to install the inner bolts / anchors.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadar, I would think there are some pictures on the site if you search. I just bought a used 08 and I'm getting ready to install the belts and a 1" seat kit. If I do it this weekend I'll take some pictures for you.

For hardware you need 2 eye bolts for the harness. You also need 2 bolts that match the existing anchor points in the trans tunnel and the sill side (mine are Torx bolts). Along with that 4 matching washers.

As for everyday use;, I take out the shoulder harness, my team tech's have quick attachments that clip and then release easy on the eye bolts. You have to loop the shoulder straps through the seats so if you not using them, its easier to take them out them to leave them behind the seat.

I shove the lap belts down the side of the seats and I don't have any issues, I just started to place the right (passenger side) buckle in the center console so it doensn't get tangled up in the seat track.

for the submarine (diaper) I just loosend the adjustments all the way, move the seat back to the bulkhead and slide those belts around the front of the seat and place them under the floor mats.

Alternatively, I could take them out in about 5 minutes but I found they don't get in the way, and, when you install it's easy to get them updside down, especialy the front diaper.

I sold my 06 last week, even thought DC got the throttle body to quit hanging a year ago the guy who bought it doesn't like the low speed surging, still have your's on?

Mike

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to see some pics. I did a search but didnt come up with much.

As for the throttle body it is still on and havent done much to try to correct it. I dont get and surging only idle hang once in a while. I just never got around to tinker with it and hasnt bothered me enough to go the extra effort to try. At the present time it is a bit complicated to work on the car since I live in the city and it is parked 7 blocks from me.

I just bought a house outside the city and adding a nice size garage which will have all the goodies. I cant wait. Maybe at that point I will see if I can dial the idle hang out.

Nadar, I would think there are some pictures on the site if you search. I just bought a used 08 and I'm getting ready to install the belts and a 1" seat kit. If I do it this weekend I'll take some pictures for you.

For hardware you need 2 eye bolts for the harness. You also need 2 bolts that match the existing anchor points in the trans tunnel and the sill side (mine are Torx bolts). Along with that 4 matching washers.

As for everyday use;, I take out the shoulder harness, my team tech's have quick attachments that clip and then release easy on the eye bolts. You have to loop the shoulder straps through the seats so if you not using them, its easier to take them out them to leave them behind the seat.

I shove the lap belts down the side of the seats and I don't have any issues, I just started to place the right (passenger side) buckle in the center console so it doensn't get tangled up in the seat track.

for the submarine (diaper) I just loosend the adjustments all the way, move the seat back to the bulkhead and slide those belts around the front of the seat and place them under the floor mats.

Alternatively, I could take them out in about 5 minutes but I found they don't get in the way, and, when you install it's easy to get them updside down, especialy the front diaper.

I sold my 06 last week, even thought DC got the throttle body to quit hanging a year ago the guy who bought it doesn't like the low speed surging, still have your's on?

Mike

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spent some time yesterday pulling the seat and installing the 1" kit, got the shoulder harness bolts in too. I'll hopefuly post pictures late this afternoon.