'08 Viper has landed!

OP
OP
F

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
SRT2, has your car arrived yet? I have more than 200 miles on mine, and am I thankful that we don't have snow or ice to contend with! This car is absolutely wonderful. You're gonna love it, unless you already have it and are already loving it :). Wille da P. can bring you up to date as well as anyone could, so don't hesitate to call him politely to inquire. He was a real good source of info for me, and was very patient with an anxious would-be blue/white O8 owner. Let me know and we'll get together for a gabfest some time.

SRT²

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Flyntgr - No viper yet but hopefully soon! It is still in “I” status. I will contact you when it comes is and we can try to grab some grub.

OP
OP
F

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That sounds like a plan. Maybe we can go out to airline hwy. to Thunder Racing for a dyno test of each. Shane will need to schedule us in advance. We can establish a true baseline for all those guys who want this done PDQ. :)

OP
OP
F

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
there are the 11 photos in the gallery. I just can't, even with instructions from a fellow Viper member, insert them. Joe, are you up to doing it again? Or anyone else, please. Thanks, everybody. She really is sweet.:drive:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures_of_fans_car_and_exhaust_hood_067.jpg
Just a few... grabbed 'em quick! :)

Pictures_of_fans_car_and_exhaust_hood_061.jpg

Pictures_of_fans_car_and_exhaust_hood_062.jpg

Pictures_of_fans_car_and_exhaust_hood_064.jpg

Pictures_of_fans_car_and_exhaust_hood_065.jpg

Pictures_of_fans_car_and_exhaust_hood_066.jpg

Pictures_of_fans_car_and_exhaust_hood_063.jpg

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've added (we'll see if it works) one of the photos as my avatar so I won't be accused of being a "poser". :)

I don't think any of us think of you as a 'poser' at all~!! Can't wait to see your avatar, your car is BADASP (okay, close to what BAT said, LOL)!!! :2tu: Congrats....juli

OP
OP
F

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, Julie! The car is faster than my '05 with full Bellanger system (486rwhp/511rwt). And the Pilot Sport 2's are supremely more wondermous than the runcraps. The car no longer picks up the highway ruts left in the asphalt by the 18 wheelers. How wonderful is that!?!:drive:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Julie! The car is faster than my '05 with full Bellanger system (486rwhp/511rwt). And the Pilot Sport 2's are supremely more wondermous than the runcraps. The car no longer picks up the highway ruts left in the asphalt by the 18 wheelers. How wonderful is that!?!:drive:

YAYYYYY--Your avatar came thru, beautiful!!!! I'm SO glad you are happy with your '08, and it's gorgeous...no surprise with the PS2's, right?!!! LOVE your word "wondermous"!
I hear ya on the highway ruts left in the asphalt by the 18-wheelers...that truly IS wonderful...sounds as if you're truly enjoying the car, and I'm sooooo very glad for you!:headbang:
ENJOY~~~juli

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Juli - what's so wonderful about truck ruts in the highway or were you just being sarcastic? :confused:

LOL--I should've been more specific to what he posted: As he said:
The car no longer picks up the highway ruts left in the asphalt by the 18 wheelers. How wonderful is that!?!:drive:
Wonderful in that the PS2's help by NOT picking up the highway ruts/asphalt left by 18-wheelers/truckers (mind you, Mike is a trucker...and Viper driver)...so we 100% understand the tire difference...tho we don't have PS2's...yet. Sorry this was evasive, or came across as sarcastic!! Not my intention!!~~~juli
**Thanx for pointing it out, so I could clarify!! :2tu: **

OP
OP
F

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you love your '05 with runflats, you'll be amazed at the difference when you add PS2's with R compound. Partsrack should be able to help you. I really believe I could've saved my '05 if I hadn't been riding on runflats--not an excuse, but an after-action evaluation. Those tires on the back were almost new, but started skidding waaaayyyy too soon. Besides, in the months prior to the accident, the runflats were steered by those truck ruts we were talking about, making the Viper unstable above 70mph on one particular road ehich led from a bunch of gravel pits. Sand and gravel are really heavy when loaded into a semi-tractor trailer truck, and the soft Louisiana alluvion gives way to deeper ruts than most states experience. But at least I survived to drive an '08 wonder car! So, without a doubt, you need to get rid of the runflats when you can. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302