08 viper tire sidewall bubble

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i waswashing my o8 vert and noticed on my right front tire theres a bubble on the sidewall:mad:i never hit a curb my rims are spotless it must be a defective tire,anyone exprienced that on the new ps2?
thanks

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
checked out consumer affair on line and found pages of sidewall bubblescomplaints on michlin tires with no help from michlins,i hope i get michlin to back up there product.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain what caused your situation...BUT, I have seen a similar sounding ''bubble'' on the INSIDE sidewall of BOTH rear tires of a friend's 2006 SRT-10 Coupe that had only a few hundred miles on it. The two ''bubbles'' were noted as the Viper was readied for spring driving after it had been sitting unused during the winter. The ''bubbles'' (and the inside of the two rear rims) were noted to have a yellow, thin, oily fluid on them...ultimately traced to leaking rear shocks on both sides!! Of course, both rear shocks and tires were replaced under warranty. Could your Viper have been exposed to oil in some fashion??

Reaction score
Something I recommend to everyone I know that has higher-priced tires is to go to your local Americas Tire (or other large chain) and you can buy a "warranty" for the tire. The "cert", as they call it, for all 4 would probably run about $200 for the set (~10% of the cost of the tires) but will protect you against ANYTHING ruining your tire other than wear. A bubble, a blow out, running over a spike strip in a police chase, you name it... if your tire goes and isn't worn out, you'll get a free tire. On top of that, they usually include free air checks, balances, and the sorts...

It's like insurance that you're very likely to end up using... Oh, and you don't need to have bought the tires from that chain to do this... They'll do it on any tire they can get (and will do it on the tires that came on the car).

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i waswashing my o8 vert and noticed on my right front tire theres a bubble on the sidewall:mad:i never hit a curb my rims are spotless it must be a defective tire,anyone exprienced that on the new ps2?
thanks

Yes, I had the same experience when I bought my 2005. It had PS2s and only 1000 miles on the tires. Didn't notice it till I got home. Took it to the local Michelin dealer who ordered a new tire then sent in the defective tire back to Michelin. He told me a I might get a partial reimbursment.
I wasn't counting on it but about 2 weeks later he called and I got over $100 back.

Carleton

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im going to a local mich dealer on monday to see what they can do,thanks for all the feedback,i really thought michlins were the best tire,on consumer affair on line theres pages of sidewall bubble concerns im really surprised to see this

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tire dealer states side impact and i never did that,they will send tire back to michlin for examination and it will take up to possibly 3 months in the mean time i have to buy a new tire .

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a PS2 in my room with 3 bubbles in it. 1 inner and 2 outer. I never hit anything and the tires has about 7/8 32's left on it. Place that inspected it said I hit something. No chance in hell, why was the front not affected?

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think michlins having a problem with sidewall bubbles theres pages of same concerns with others online.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
tire dealer states side impact and i never did that,they will send tire back to michlin for examination and it will take up to possibly 3 months in the mean time i have to buy a new tire .

Find another tire dealer. Had this happen to my '04. Discount Tire inspected the tire a said it was a warranty issue. Had a brand new tire in two days.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Check your owners manual..........dont the tires come with a factory warranty when you bought the car?? I remember when i bought my lincoln with michelin's on it the salesmen went over all the warranty's with the car and the tires had a limited one for sure. (I never had to use it so i don't know much more)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Find another tire dealer. Had this happen to my '04. Discount Tire inspected the tire a said it was a warranty issue. Had a brand new tire in two days.

Check your owners manual..........dont the tires come with a factory warranty when you bought the car?? I remember when i bought my lincoln with michelin's on it the salesmen went over all the warranty's with the car and the tires had a limited one for sure. (I never had to use it so i don't know much more)

EXACTLY ! There is an Original Equipment warrantee brochure in the owners manual portfolios. I have had several customers take that "Owners Manual Michelin Limited Warrantee" brochure in to a registered Michelin Distributor, (Sears, Costco, Discount Tire, America's Tire, etc) and get a pro-rata replacement warrantee.

I have seen 1st-year defects replaced FREE, I think up to the first 25% tread gone = a free tire. Michelin warrantee service 1-800 847 3435.

I cannot imagine driving on used tires into America's Tire etc and buying a $200 road-hazard warrantee! Especially when you already have an OEM defects 6yr warrantee. I guess Im getting old......

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tire dealer said my rear tires were made in 07 and my front were made in 06,tire should be in by friday than they will send mine back to michlin and they can go from there,they also said for a 08 car i should of not had 2 year old tires on?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960