08 Viper

ylosnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from a regional Chrysler Group meeting. They were talking about future products and mentioned the Viper. Said it will have 600HP, bigger brakes and a new hood. Didn't mention anything about a major makeover! Anyone else attend any of these meetings?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 600 would be enough to hold everyone over until the new Viper (if there is one) comes out (supposedly 2010).

lilfedncc06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant wait until they produce these bad boys, the gtsr concept, minus the R :D . Could this be the 2010 viper???

You must be registered for see images

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant wait until they produce these bad boys, the gtsr concept, minus the R :D . Could this be the 2010 viper???

You must be registered for see images

Yeah, right. We all wish.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Just got back from a regional Chrysler Group meeting. They were talking about future products and mentioned the Viper."

What exactly is a "regional Chrysler Group meeting"?

Is Dodge part of the Chrysler Group?

Who is the "they" as in "they were talking about"?

Who was in attendance?

What were their titles?

What was the title of the person that made the representations concerning the 2008 Viper?

I don't mean to be picky but knowing the above would help in determining the accuracy of the data. Thank you in advance for your response.

OP
OP
ylosnake

ylosnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the big shots from Chrysler Group (Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep Divisions) schedule regional meetings around the country to BS the dealers. This one was for the MidAtlantic region at Atlantic City. LaSorda, Eberhart, Murphy, etc were there along with others representing parts, marketing, etc. LaSorda gave the product presentation. I think he started with the Viper because it happened so fast and they showed the slides so fast I almost missed it. That's why I wondered if any other dealers were at this or other meetings around the country.(Don't know if I spelled their names correctly)

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the big shots from Chrysler Group (Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep Divisions) schedule regional meetings around the country to BS the dealers. This one was for the MidAtlantic region at Atlantic City. LaSorda, Eberhart, Murphy, etc were there along with others representing parts, marketing, etc. LaSorda gave the product presentation. I think he started with the Viper because it happened so fast and they showed the slides so fast I almost missed it. That's why I wondered if any other dealers were at this or other meetings around the country.(Don't know if I spelled their names correctly)

I was at the same type meeting with the Northeast Regional Chrysler Group Dealers in Hartford CT on Monday. The statments made at my meeting ditto your meeting. The same guys said the same things and showed the same photos. We both heard the same report! Why does it matter to anyone who said what?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for the answers. For the first time that I can recall, properly sourced, credible information about the 2008 Viper has been posted. Previously all we had were rumors and statements without disclosure of the source of the data. It will be interesting to see how they obtained 600 reliable, easy to maintain, NA engine ( I am assuming no boost) HP. The modded white and blue striped coupe, if I recall correctly,had about 560HP. Any educated guesses as to the components giving rise to the 90 HP increase? It would have to be a package that is not materially louder which limits gains from any exhaust mods.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob - on the one hand you demand that people cite their sources and prove their leaked info, then on the other you asked for "educated guesses" as to how they made the 90HP increase. Which is it? Do you want proven information with a reference or information that is sourced from leaks whose identities can not be revealed?

I could post what leaks I've read other various other sites from very reliable sources, but you'd demand to know what the sources are and I can't tell you that. Furthermore, you should be aware that Dodge and VCA crack down on anyone posting leaked information on this website (your region president will eventually receive and angry call from the national president if you post leaks that are accurate on this site); justifiably so, as these leaks hurt the Viper program and the VCA is eager to maintain it's relationship with Dodge.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Furthermore, you should be aware that Dodge and VCA crack down on anyone posting leaked information on this website (your region president will eventually receive and angry call from the national president if you post leaks that are accurate on this site); justifiably so, as these leaks hurt the Viper program and the VCA is eager to maintain it's relationship with Dodge.

The information shared in the meeting I mentioned above was in no way confidential, nor should it be classified as "leaked information." That information was put out there for every Daimer Chrysler Dealer that attended those meetings. It was information for us to bring back to our customers.

I am a Regional VCA President and if someone wants to reprimand me for sharing the information so be it!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Furthermore, you should be aware that Dodge and VCA crack down on anyone posting leaked information on this website (your region president will eventually receive and angry call from the national president if you post leaks that are accurate on this site); justifiably so, as these leaks hurt the Viper program and the VCA is eager to maintain it's relationship with Dodge.

The information shared in the meeting I mentioned above was in no way confidential, nor should it be classified as "leaked information." That information was put out there for every Daimer Chrysler Dealer that attended those meetings. It was information for us to bring back to our customers.

I am a Regional VCA President and if someone wants to reprimand me for sharing the information so be it!

Denny,

I didn't say your info is leaked nor did I mean to imply that. In the past, I've posted leaks picked up from other public sites on here and that led to a phone call from Mr. Wedel to our region president. In the past, Bobpantax has grilled me for the source of my information and because of the nature of the information I declined to answer his questions. He seems to do this to anyone who posts any info of that ilk.

You, however, have been totally forthcoming in how you came by the information you shared (and thanks for sharing, BTW) so, obviously, there was no statement of confidentiality in effect when you were in that meeting.

OP
OP
ylosnake

ylosnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry I brought this whole thing up! The way everyone was upset after the VOI, I thought info on the new car would be welcomed. I did not LEAK any info. We were not told to keep that or any info secret. From now on, get your info from the buff books. I'm sure they're more reliable!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I find interesting about this is the obvious reason they would not release this information at VOI is that they still have a few unsold Vipers to move and the great news about a new Viper might cause folks not to buy the older less improved one. So several weeks later they go ahead and tell the dealers. Which frankly means the news is out as they really can't dictate to the dealers what to say and not say. I think they blew a wonderful opportunity for goodwill to not share this news at VOI to gain a few weeks more of sales to the existing Viper community. There was a great outpouring of goodwill towards Dodge for sharing the new coupe with us at VOI8. I am really surprised. I thought there would be an iron lid on till the Detroit Auto Show.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry I brought this whole thing up! The way everyone was upset after the VOI, I thought info on the new car would be welcomed. I did not LEAK any info. We were not told to keep that or any info secret. From now on, get your info from the buff books. I'm sure they're more reliable!

Denny, I, for one AM thankful that you posted up what you were told about the Viper. My post of this morning was directed at Bob in its entirety and somewhat related my past experience with advanced/leaked info on the Viper being posted on this site. It was not directed at you, and if you took it that way, then I apologize for that.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer to the question asked does not require any confidential information. By "educated guesses" I was not referring to sharing confidential data. I was referring to people with knowledge of how to modify a Viper V-10 to bump up the HP by 90 HP. There are a number of posters,like Mr. Dell for instance, and tuners, who post on this site who have this level of knowledge. The other data which was the subject of this post, as stated above, was not subject to confidentiality and or franchise agreement restrictions and appears to have been intended to start a sales/marketing buzz about the car.

So, getting back to the subject, any ideas in addition to the dual throttle body idea, on how 90 more streetable, reliable, driveable, everyday horsepower is being produced? I would guess: different intake and throttle body, different heads and valves, different cam, and, perhaps, a somewhat modified fuel injection. I base this, in part, on what Woodhouse does in their Stage Five naturally aspirated package. The package generates 80-100 more HP. I do not think that DC would use boost on the Viper since DC is moving away from boost on its AMG version Benz's. I do not think, I am guessing, that they were comfortable with how easy it was to modify them with a pulley change and a tune to produce very significant power increases.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No problem ylosnake! I agree, from now on "MUM" is the word. :curse:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer to the question asked does not require any confidential information. By "educated guesses" I was not referring to sharing confidential data. I was referring to people with knowledge of how to modify a Viper V-10 to bump up the HP by 90 HP. There are a number of posters,like Mr. Dell for instance, and tuners, who post on this site who have this level of knowledge. The other data which was the subject of this post, as stated above, was not subject to confidentiality and or franchise agreement restrictions and appears to have been intended to start a sales/marketing buzz about the car.

So, getting back to the subject, any ideas in addition to the dual throttle body idea, on how 90 more streetable, reliable, driveable, everyday horsepower is being produced? I would guess: different intake and throttle body, different heads and valves, different cam, and, perhaps, a somewhat modified fuel injection. I base this, in part, on what Woodhouse does in their Stage Five naturally aspirated package. The package generates 80-100 more HP. I do not think that DC would use boost on the Viper since DC is moving away from boost on its AMG version Benz's. I do not think, I am guessing, that they were comfortable with how easy it was to modify them with a pulley change and a tune to produce very significant power increases.

Bob, in all honesty, the answers to your questions are on publicly accessible sites. I am not allowed to point you to those sites or tell you the answers on this forum.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Bob, in all honesty, the answers to your questions are on publicly accessible sites. I am not allowed to point you to those sites or tell you the answers on this forum."

I saw some of your posts and the posts of others on another site. I did not think that they contained a credible and/or complete answer to the question of how the additional 90 HP is being produced. As I recall, you, along with others on another chat space, were absolutely sure that the 8.4 liter engine was going to produce 700 HP. I challenged that assertion at the time. Speculation stated as speculation is OK. Speculation stated as fact is not appropriate.

Now. Back to the subject again. Anyone have any ideas on how the 90 additional HP will be produced in the 2008 Viper?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that it is almost impossible for you to stay on topic Supercharged, but please give it another try. Also, you might consider reading the posts with a bit more precision so that what you do post is responsive to what has already been discussed in the thread. On the other hand, maybe the posts are not by Supercharged. We have had prior occurences of children posting on our site when using their father's computer. Maybe that is what has been happening here.

Back to the subject again. Any thoughts on what the changes are that will be producing the additional 90 HP?

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Bob, in all honesty, the answers to your questions are on publicly accessible sites. I am not allowed to point you to those sites or tell you the answers on this forum."

I saw some of your posts and the posts of others on another site. I did not think that they contained a credible and/or complete answer to the question of how the additional 90 HP is being produced. As I recall, you, along with others on another chat space, were absolutely sure that the 8.4 liter engine was going to produce 700 HP. I challenged that assertion at the time. Speculation stated as speculation is OK. Speculation stated as fact is not appropriate.

Now. Back to the subject again. Anyone have any ideas on how the 90 additional HP will be produced in the 2008 Viper?

The word was that the engine had made 700hp in testing on an engine dyno, this differs from saying that it would make 700hp in production. Furthermore, if you are monitoring these other "chat spaces" then you should already know the answer to your question as it has been posted several times by more than one reliable source. Not everything is going to be fully documented and packaged up nicely for you. You're asking for advanced information that is air tight and proven accurate and you're just not going to find that on the 'net.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"You're asking for advanced information that is air tight and proven accurate and you're just not going to find that on the 'net."

On the contrary, I am merely asking that information that is speculative in nature be stated as such and not as known fact when it is not known fact. I have no interest in reinforcing and/or protecting those who steal and or leak confidential data. From my point of view their behavior should be reported and strong action should be taken against them. The answer to the 90 HP question is not on the other sites - just some speculation. I was looking for input from gearheads who know what they are talking about - not inside information. After all, gearheads figured out how to bump up the HP, other gearheads can have some fun guessing at how they did it.

With the above said, please try to stay on point. If you do not have any of your own analysis to contribute to answering the question that's fine but please let others do so.

OP
OP
ylosnake

ylosnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The information I supplied and Denny supported is now in the newest edition of Autoweek. Therefore it must be true although they did not quote their sources. As to how they are getting the additional HP, I don't know since I have not been in contact with the engineers this week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang