1 hole 2 grille's

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know why dodge did not open the hole under the driver side grill on hood?
And has anyone opened the hole to let some more heat out of the beast?
I know the passengers side is open for the A/C.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was a few threads on that a while back. guys DO open that up to help heat get out but it will let rain or water in the engine compartment too.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I think 4" hole saw is the trick.

OEM Hood - $17,000.00
VSR Drill - $125.00
Hole Saw - $50.00

The look on your face when you...

Other considerations are the electronics below that hole, and water on said electronics. Only a problem during car washes and rain.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vec3 is mounted under that grille so it would get soaked if water got into it. I ended up installing a vented cowl instead and based on my trip to/from Pocono a couple weeks ago it reduced my engine temps by at least 10 degrees. Just amazing to see all that heat rise up and escape through the cowl when stopped in traffic.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where did you get this cowl tony? thanks.

I got it from PartsRack, its made by Autoform. I purchased the fiberglass version. I attempted to do my own vented cowl but I couldn't find the screen material at the time. However, I just came across some screen material and I'm finishing up the stock cowl I cut up. I will post the completed product in the classifieds in about a few days. Very simple mod to do if you can find quality aluminum mesh. I'm contemplating putting together a template and mesh package for anybody that wants to do this mod.

I have a picture of the cowl in my gallery: http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/39291/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/25879

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it from PartsRack, its made by Autoform. I purchased the fiberglass version. I attempted to do my own vented cowl but I couldn't find the screen material at the time. However, I just came across some screen material and I'm finishing up the stock cowl I cut up. I will post the completed product in the classifieds in about a few days. Very simple mod to do if you can find quality aluminum mesh. I'm contemplating putting together a template and mesh package for anybody that wants to do this mod.

I have a picture of the cowl in my gallery: http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/39291/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/25879

Hey Tony :D

So where's mine:omg: I'll send you my fedx shp # when your ready:2tu: How are you coming with the manual turn the fan on deal:dunno:

Big Brake Dave:drive:
858-382-4713 cell

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony :D

So where's mine:omg: I'll send you my fedx shp # when your ready:2tu: How are you coming with the manual turn the fan on deal:dunno:

858-382-4713 cell

Dave, you must know by now that I have a ridiculously short attention span...I'm now debaffling my air intake box...Don't know if it'll do anything productive but I enjoy taking a RotoZip to these plastic parts.

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, you must know by now that I have a ridiculously short attention span...I'm now debaffling my air intake box...Don't know if it'll do anything productive but I enjoy taking a RotoZip to these plastic parts.

Hey Tony,

Make 2 templates:omg: I want one too:drive: Just don't have time for all of the stuff I want to build:nono: It will help:eater: as if you look at a Gen1 & Gen3, you won't see that problem:omg: that's why I make all this stuff I'm selling:D it need fixing:2tu: My Viper has everything:drive: and lots more coming:lmao: :lmao:

R

RTED

I opened up the drivers side three years ago. No problem with rain or water, unless you are concerned about the brake fluid and clutch fluid resevoir getting wet. The heat pours out of the opening at standstill. No regrets!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96