+10LB + 70MM TB + PBJ = 624/698

grnsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Round 3 upgrades on my 1995RT/10 are complete - I changed to a 10lb pulley (from 8) and 70MM throttle bodies. Joe Donovan (Performance by Joe) in St. Louis worked his magic and pulled out 624rwhp/698rwtq.

Current mods:
- Roe SC (10lb)
- 70 MM TB
- Harland Sharp RR
- Edelbrock headers
- 3" exhaust (no cats)
- 624rwhp/698rwtq
- graph
http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/35267/cat/500/ppuser/10873

Previous mods:
- Roe SC (8lb)
- Harland Sharp RR
- Edelbrock headers
- 3" exhaust (no cats)
- 575rwhp/643rwtq
- graph
http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/27674/cat/500/ppuser/10873

Initial mods:
- Edelbrock headers
- 3" exhaust (no cats)
- Smooth tubes
- 412rwhp/479rwtq
- graph
http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/27675/cat/500/ppuser/10873

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Grnsnake,

Awesome numbers. Joe really knows how to tune these cars. I was very excited to hear your numbers, I have the same set up, with a few extras that Joe is putting together(heads/cam). I hope to hear my numbers soon.

Where in IL are you located?

Congrats!

martyb

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dang, another PBJ heads up....i really wish he was closer to NNJ

great numbers and enjoy it

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am surprised that you are running the Harland Sharp RR's. I have been told that they are good for basic HP upgrades, but going with a 10lb Blower and your other mods, they may not be the best choice...I realize the Jesel's are much more expensive, but with that kind of output, I think they hold their weight in gold. I would love to hear some other inputs...I am definitely goign to throw a blower on my car and i have been debating what kind of Rockers right now for that reason....Advice anyone?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the Arrows (Sharps) for over two years with no problems at 790rwhp 950rwtq with the nitrous. I have now moved up to the Jesels since I did a complete motor build with heads/cam.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am surprised that you are running the Harland Sharp RR's. I have been told that they are good for basic HP upgrades, but going with a 10lb Blower and your other mods, they may not be the best choice...I realize the Jesel's are much more expensive, but with that kind of output, I think they hold their weight in gold. I would love to hear some other inputs...I am definitely goign to throw a blower on my car and i have been debating what kind of Rockers right now for that reason....Advice anyone?

I had Harland Sharp rockers on my Paxton blown 94 and never had any problems with them. And before I had the blower installed, I had a 200 shot of Nitrous and no problems then as well. Sean Roe recommended them so that is what I went with.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool to know. Thanks guys for your input. I feel better about throwing on the Harland Sharps now. Experience speaks volumes over opinion. I was going to start the upgrade by just doing the VEC2 and Rockers for now and do the charger later this year. COOL.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Big,

Who's car are you waiting on at PBJ's. He has my red 94 right now, should be done pretty soon. I am from Chicagoland.

martyb

banton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Big,

Who's car are you waiting on at PBJ's. He has my red 94 right now, should be done pretty soon. I am from Chicagoland.

martyb

True, but we know who is swapping spots upon your car's return :2tu:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
grnsnake - It just dawned on me that your car with NO cats, Headers, a 3" exhause and a blower, it must shake your entire house when you start it in the garage....I can't even imagine how loud that is...I have a 95 w/ Roe Highflo cats and Roe exhaust with Stock headers and My car is rediculous loud...I would love to hear a sound clip....

OP
OP
G

grnsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Grnsnake,

Where in IL are you located?

martyb

martyb

I am in Lombard. Looking forward to see the results of your head/cam work - no doubt it will put down huge tq. Maybe I will see you at the VC meeting in April.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Big,

dont really know marty. all i know is that the guy is from Chi town, and PBJ is delivering the car to this guy when it is done. on the way back to ST Louis, he is picking up my car.

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Marty would get his POS out of Joe's shop, Joe could start working on my car. :)

I told Joe my car just has to make one more rwhp and one more lb/ft. of torque than Marty's car when it's all done.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

I am ready to have my POS back, but I told Joe to take his time and make sure my car is just a bit faster than yours!!!! I am really curious to see how my Gen 1 does against a head/cam/roe gen 2 with the same pulley, set-up, and tune.

I know Joe is working his a@& off to make everyone happy and to meet his clients expectations. The man is in high demand!!

martyb

JohnnyBravo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

I am ready to have my POS back, but I told Joe to take his time and make sure my car is just a bit faster than yours!!!! I am really curious to see how my Gen 1 does against a head/cam/roe gen 2 with the same pulley, set-up, and tune.

I know Joe is working his a@& off to make everyone happy and to meet his clients expectations. The man is in high demand!!

martyb

I'm sure you're going to be pleased. As you know, everything he does is top notch. You know if the car is in Joe's shop, Joe is the only person who touches it. So the good news is, the car is only worked on by Joe and tuned by Joe and doesn't go out until Joe thinks it's perfect. The bad news is (if it's even bad news) that because he is the ONLY one working on the car, sometimes it takes a little while longer to get it back. But it's ALWAYS worth the wait!

My car is just getting heads and and throttle bodies. No cam. Greg designed the heads and spring set around the factory 708 cam, so we're going to see what we can do with basically a completely stock bottom end, including factory cam.

I suppose if we can't get the power we want out of the 708, we can change springs and then change the cam. But I have reason to believe Joe is going to be able to make some good power, even on the 708. :)

OP
OP
G

grnsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
grnsnake - It just dawned on me that your car with NO cats, Headers, a 3" exhause and a blower, it must shake your entire house when you start it in the garage....I can't even imagine how loud that is...I have a 95 w/ Roe Highflo cats and Roe exhaust with Stock headers and My car is rediculous loud...I would love to hear a sound clip....

Your right, it does shake the house and periodically sets off car alarms even at low RPMs. I originally installed high-flow cats but the drone at low RPMs was unbearable. The exhaust without cats is definitely louder at WOT but seems more manageable around town.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21