11,000 mile Invo's + 27F Temperature + 08 Viper...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, lots of threads today about wrecked Viper's, and not a day I wanted to post about this, but these Invo's still impress me. I put about 250 miles on the car this weekend on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Temps were anywhere from the mid teens to the mid thirty's, and there were patches of ice here and there throughout the weekend (probably one of the coldest weekends we've had here in Dallas, Texas).

I was playing around with a friend Saturday night in Fort Worth, and almost dead hooked 1st gear at WOT, but didn't have any issues with traction at 60mph in 2nd gear at WOT! Granted, the tires had a chance to warm up, but when they were cold, they would break loose as soon as the engine "opened up". I think this is a great testament to these tires to get traction on such a powerful car with temps this cold. On my PS2's, traction in 1st gear at 50F was almost non-existant (even warmed up), and 2nd gear would get a little hairy. Pushing 23,*** miles on the car, and it still puts a smile on my face. These cars were built to be driven!

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm currently trying to figure out what brand I want to go with when I wear out these Pilot Cup Sports and I have considered the Invos.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm currently trying to figure out what brand I want to go with when I wear out these Pilot Cup Sports and I have considered the Invos.

You will find the sidewall is softer than the PS2 and probably softer still, than the Sport Cups. I do a lot of street driving, and have a heavy foot, so the Invo is the best choice for me. I would assume you would do a few track days, so the NT05 might be a better choice. :2tu:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put INVOs on my last car and even going up to a 19/20 combo I could not believe the difference of the ride quality and traction enhancement over the stock run flats it is flat scary how bad traction is with the factory run flats. But I am curios since I sold my car 500 miles after installing the Invos how do they do in the tread wear department. With 11k miles on the tires how much tread is left now?

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
+1 !!! I have INVOs on my GTS and they are great. Traction is awesome. I was able to run 1.6 60ft times regularly on my last track visit. Then went right back to my local Discount Dealer where I got em and they inspected them and balanced them right up no prob no charge... Best tires I've used so far. :drive:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have invos on my challenger srt8 and love them- will put them on my viper next:headbang:

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was scared s_ _tless about buying a Viper and not being able to handle the raw power that everyone talked so much about all the time here on this owesome site but I did anyways and came with a set of INVO'S. It took me a few days to get comfortable enough to get on the throttle to the point in which I thought the tires would break loose and they would not. I then started to question the HP everyone talked about thinking I should have been spinning the wheels all day long effortless specially on cornering. That is till I learned about the performance these INVO's are capable of. Needless to say they made my Viper owner experiance a thrill. I've been able to break them loose now but that's on an empty parking lot.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as a warning, don't assume these tires are idiot proof. Commmon sense goes a LONG way when driving a Viper period. My Viper has been on a drag strip, a road course, back roads & spirited cruises, torrential downpours, rush hour traffic in 101F temperature, 20F weather with ice, parked at the local mall during Christmas shopping, etc. The car isn't temperamental at all when driven with respect (I hope my 2 years using it as a daily driver has proven that). Just like a real poisonous snake, you act like an idiot, you WILL get bit!

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have the Invo's but on an EVO X, previously I had semi slicks on the car and the Invos definitely improved the noise and ride for the street. Traction isn't bad either but they get greasy on the track fairly early but they do heat up quick so these are great street tires but not for road courses. Would also be great for occasional drag strip use. I do wish Nitto would make them in 295, 305, or 315 18's. Are you listening Nitto???

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These are stickier than ps2's? Why would dodge choose ps2's on new vipers and ps sport cups on acr's? Are you saying the traction is more comparible to the sport cups? What about tread life? Is this more of a street tire or track tire?

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my invos there the first tires i put on after the runcraps. I never have problems hooking once there a little warm. But im still very cautious. I dont want to make a mistake and get bit. I will never put on another tire again the invos are amazing.

OP
OP
M

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These are stickier than ps2's? Why would dodge choose ps2's on new vipers and ps sport cups on acr's? Are you saying the traction is more comparible to the sport cups? What about tread life? Is this more of a street tire or track tire?

Straight line traction IS better than the PS2's. I would guess this is a result of a different compound for the tires, and a softer sidewall. The softer sidewall will also help with the ride, but keep in mind that it will not perform as well in corners as the PS2.

When saying it won't perform as well, I'm talking about taking corners rated at 45mph at 90mph, etc. I personally use any "recommended" speed as half the speed I can go into a corner. If it says 25 mph, I'm going through them at 50mph+, etc. The INVO's will do this fine, but you will be able to tell the difference when compared to the PS2. However, I'm not sure how many owners on the boards drive like I do. That is a good reason for Dodge to throw PS2's on the car. Hope that makes sense :2tu:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might have to look into a set of these.

Ever since I put 3.55's in my '08, first gear is a mess. When it's cold, 2nd and part of 3rd too!:D

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might have to look into a set of these.

Ever since I put 3.55's in my '08, first gear is a mess. When it's cold, 2nd and part of 3rd too!:D

I had the 3.55's slapped in back in November and the hook up is great, just hold on cause you gonna launch. They are some kick ass tires. I luv'em.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang