16" rear wheels on 2001+ cars?

Reaction score
16\" rear wheels on 2001+ cars?

Has anyone successfully installed 16" rear wheels on a 2001 Viper? I swung by Valaya racing today to check whether the standard Purner 16x14 rears fit on my RT/10, and they do NOT. The '01 cars have a new rear brake caliper, and from what we could see, there is a clearance problem with the brake line banjo bolt head. It also appears that by using a shorter-head bolt we can solve the problem, but I'm interested to hear of anyone else having encountered and solved this problem.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Re: 16\" rear wheels on 2001+ cars?

My 17" Purner (or stock) wheels won't fit on my '01. In a couple of days my Banjo bolt is squaring off with a hacksaw so we'll find out soon enough.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Re: 16\" rear wheels on 2001+ cars?

I had the banjo bolt shaved down yesterday. It started with about a 1/4" head on it and it had to be grinded down to within about 1-2mm of the bottom just to get the 17" Purners to fit over it. There is no way you are gonna get 16" rims over that assembly without getting the brackets rehung. As it stands now, I would have to use a pair of Vise Grips just to try to back out that bolt if necessary due to how little the head is now.