17" E.T. Streets are now avalible .................

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17\" E.T. Streets are now avalible .................

It's been over a year in the approval process. They will fit nicely on a 10" front wheel, I wouldn't run them on the 13" wheel.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 17

What about a rim for the bias ply tire that has to go on the front? Sounds like a plus for Viper owners with stock wheels for sure.

Tom

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score

vettekiller, many have and some haven't hit the wall with that combo.
For your safety buy the extra rims and the skinnies for the front. They have less drag, too which helps

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I used to run my old Trans Am ('88) with R1 compound radials on the front and ET Streets on the rear. It ran high tens at 3400#'s and was more work on the top end than it was out of the hole. It is a bad idea, from my experience, to mix tire types. I was just too cheap to buy new wheels back then.

You can't beat the Purner/CCW packages for drag racing. Safer and stickier, IMHO.

Chad

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please go with a CCW Drag setup!

I did the et drags with radials up front on my 670hp Cobra replica and almost killed myself. It was out of control on the top end. Combine that with a 90" wheels base made for some tense running.

I raced a few weeks ago with the Viper and the CCW Drag setup and it was AWESOME! Stuck like glue, and was straight as an arrow on the top end. Don't risk it. Get the package and you will LOVE it.

Just my .02 worth.

Jason