18" BFG Drag Radials

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18\" BFG Drag Radials

I want to get others input on these...

I own a pair and they are currently mounted on my car (it's been a week or so now). Is it me (maybe not enough air or something) but are these things scary to drive on?

For example, when going 70+ on the highway, are these things WAY TOO TOUCHY when steering? Maybe I don't have enough air, but these things make my car much harder to drive.

By the way, it wasn't wet outside or anything, just normal driving.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 18

I have been 135mph in 10.5 sec, they handeled great (on dragstrip @ 15.5 psi). Daily driving up to 155 mph on 32 psi. They are not rated a Z rating so I would not drive over 110 mph for long extended periods.

Cudasman :usa:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: 18\" BFG Drag Radials

FLEXIBLE SIDEWALLS are the culprit, that, and mis-matched front treads. The sidewalls give for a reason, and that reason is NOT the best for spirited driving othar than in a straight line........

Stiffen the sidewalls: Go with sidewall max less 5 lbs for street driving. Swap em out after racing, and drive 4 matched-tread tires.

Whats REALLY scary is the highway exit/entrance ramps.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What psi should you run in the BFG's?

At the track just as Cudaman stated. I run around 15psi.

On the street I would probably put 27 to 28 psi, but I don't use them on the street.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what if you are racing on the street from a dig what then lol Just curious of course cause street racing is dangerous and kills millions of people every year :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4