19" on the rear look Rednecky?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Here's the point of that title. Looking at doing the SRT brake package on my GTS. 19's on the rear will make that easier - more room for those brakes. Am also thinking 18's on the front.

Why 18's on the front and 19's on the rear, like is OE on an SRT?

Simple. Those tire sizes will be around for years. I've done tire/wheel packages before where the tire has been discontinued, and that makes the expensive wheels scrap. Lesson learned there.

Back to the redneck look. The PS2 tire is 1.3" taller in 19" than the 18" I have now. So the back end will be about 5/8" higher than the front. I know that ain't much, but how does it look w/o a farm truck parked next to it to compliment?

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave - I think it would have the similar effect of running 19 & 20 on an SRT as I do. Albeit I have KW's to adjust ride highth. I say go for it....

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
absolutely NOT. i screwed up and bought 18"s all around. shoulda got 19 in the back.

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A texan asking if something looks "neck".

does anyone else see the humor here?

Dave, it's only neck if you use cinder blocks to hold it up while you change tires

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 18s will clear the SRT brakes. With 18s being OEM size I don't see them being discontinued.

That's a lot of money to move up to 19s unless you are getting new rims anyway. 19s will look good though.

Here's my car with SRT brakes and 18" rims.

Viper_Club_003.JPG

Last edited:

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Here's the point of that title. Looking at doing the SRT brake package on my GTS. 19's on the rear will make that easier - more room for those brakes. Am also thinking 18's on the front.

Why 18's on the front and 19's on the rear, like is OE on an SRT?

Simple. Those tire sizes will be around for years. I've done tire/wheel packages before where the tire has been discontinued, and that makes the expensive wheels scrap. Lesson learned there.

Back to the redneck look. The PS2 tire is 1.3" taller in 19" than the 18" I have now. So the back end will be about 5/8" higher than the front. I know that ain't much, but how does it look w/o a farm truck parked next to it to compliment?

Have you considered going 19"'s front and back?

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Redsnake - I saw your car at BJ Motors before you bought it, and unless you did something since to the ride highth and wheels I say......Dave do it.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Redsnake - I saw your car at BJ Motors before you bought it, and unless you did something since to the ride highth and wheels I say......Dave do it.
I have not changed the wheels or ride height. It was already lowered and had the 18"s.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 18s will clear the SRT brakes. With 18s being OEM size I don't see them being discontinued.

That's a lot of money to move up to 19s unless you are getting new rims anyway. 19s will look good though.

Getting new rims, and the 19's on the rear allow for 14" rotors.

And the SRT combo of 19" rear and 18" front will also be in production for a while when it comes to tire availability.

Have you considered going 19"'s front and back?

Not really. What tire options does that leave open?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness