1992 to 1996 RT/10 Supercharger kit prototype finished..

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Due to some other product development (making a card reader system for inside the car, shift light, testing an SRT-4, testing a Ram Hemi, a Sunday off, etc.) we did not finish the installation of a spec Gen 1 Supercharger until yesterday (had to build the VEC2 wiring harness to spec also). The baseline tuning was done earlier today to get the long term adaptives at zero. Spark plugs were checked with the new changes made to the manifold (to more evenly distribute the air to all cylinders at idle / vacuum conditions) and the car went on the dyno.
On the second pull, the gain was already over 35% with 5 psi boost. Tomorrow we will change plug wires (seem to be arcing at low RPM heavy loads) and do some tuning with 5, 7 and 8 psi. Then, we'll add 1.7 rockers. Right now the car is stock with tubes, filters and the Supercharger. Before the SC, the max RWHP was in the 370 HP area (I forget the exact number at the moment) and post SC at 5 psi it was in the 506 RWHP area. More details with dyno sheets to follow.

Regards,
Sean

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
506RWHP? Are you kidding me? I can't even type this my hands are shaking so bad from the anticipation. Christmas will be coming early for me this year. You are the man Mr. Sean.

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Keep on testing and continue to update all of us GEN I owners with test results. Anxious to see what the final numbers will reveal for HP and TQ with and without the roller rockers. This has been a long time coming, but it appears that from your initial numbers that it was well worth the wait! :usa:

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
506RWHP? Dang that is fast, you said it was stock. Man, I got me some stuff already. So I should be pushing 600RWHP when I am done...ooooohhhh yea baby.

Are we still looking at May or maybe sooner?

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wouldn't exhaust be a good place to start the mods.. most of us already have some sort of exhaust mod's done.. Seems like on the Gen 1, that's were you get most of bang for the buck (beside the Supercharger of course)!.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
wouldn't exhaust be a good place to start the mods.. most of us already have some sort of exhaust mod's done.. Seems like on the Gen 1, that's were you get most of bang for the buck (beside the Supercharger of course)!.

Sean was putting a SPECIAL package deal together for us "exhaust handicapped" Gen 1 owners to match the Supercharger - RIGHT Sean :2tu:

Although on second thought, it might be harder to HIDE the exhaust sound than it's going to be to hide the supercharger from the Wifey!

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Yes, exhaust can definitely help free up some more power. But, the '93 RT/10 test car is stock, so we're starting from there.

Here are todays results from 5 and 7 psi. We will put the rockers on tomorrow. They should help a bunch more. The blue lines are without the Supercharger.

You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Sean

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Sean, now you are just being a big tease!! Do you want my money now or should I wait until you are ready to sell it? My greenbacks are ready to change hands.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that is one flat torque curve. I think the Gen1 guys might have greater potential that the gen2 guys with the roe blower. That is very impressive! I can't believe it has 600RWTQ @7psi.

Sean,

Why did you shut the dyno off at 5200rpm? Were you running out of fuel with the 7lb pulley? YOu should hit another 5-10HP if you were to continue.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Now that is one flat torque curve. I think the Gen1 guys might have greater potential that the gen2 guys with the roe blower. That is very impressive! I can't believe it has 600RWTQ @7psi.

Sean,

Why did you shut the dyno off at 5200rpm? Were you running out of fuel with the 7lb pulley? YOu should hit another 5-10HP if you were to continue.

Hi Todd,
That was the first pull at that boost. I wanted to see what it did before proceeding. The a/f ratio was still flat.
I posted the final results today. I think headers will help it a lot more, but we're not doing them at the moment. We've got too much else going on.

Regards,
Sean