1994 RT10 Minor Oil Leak - UPDATE AFTER REPAIR - need help on Part Number

ohio_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My brother and I tore down the engine Friday and Saturday to repair the oil leak that has been getting worse over time.

The photo below shows where it was leaking. Must have torn the gasket from high vacuum in the crankcase. Not sure if this is the reason it tore, any other ideas?

You must be registered for see images attach

The only problem we ran in to was breaking the oil sending unit. My book does not list the Part Number. Anyone know it? It is the upper one with the flatter oval connector. Should have it running next weekend after a radiator flush and fresh oil fill.

Thanks for all the help and guidance from board members!!!!

Jeff

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Dan @ Viper specialty,,, he has the new Cometic aluminum/viton coated gaskets,,, FAR superior to paper,,,, I used ALL the Cometic gasket on my engine tear down this winter.... GREAT product.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, you wont have to worry about this failure ever again with those new gaskets! That is a bit of an odd failure- check all of the crankcase vent hoses and make sure nothing is plugged up.

Yes, that is the correct part for the Oil Pressure Sensor.

OP
OP
O

ohio_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, you wont have to worry about this failure ever again with those new gaskets! That is a bit of an odd failure- check all of the crankcase vent hoses and make sure nothing is plugged up.

Yes, that is the correct part for the Oil Pressure Sensor.

Thanks Dan, we will do that. Gaskets went in without a hitch.