1996 Recall work, where in the Delaware area?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a 1996 B/W GTS and I need to have the recall work done. I live in Delaware. Who is the best to have it done? How long does it take?

vipertech

Viper Owner
Reaction score
steve ,you can go to tator dodge,warnock dodge or buhler dodge. tators is in salem ,ny , warnock is in east hanover nj,and buhler is in red bank ,nj all are qualified to do the work

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this a "while you wait" job, or should I plan on spending the night? Is there any thing I need to do before I drive up? Give me your phone number and I'll call to set this up. Thank you.

Jerz Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Scotty is one hell of a Viper Tech! He works on my car and also works on Our National Treasures Comp Coupe. East Hanover is probably 2 1/2 to 3 hours from you, you won't be sorry!
Bobby Cerchione

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone that gave advise and offered to help. I spent some time talking to Chuck Tator on the phone this morning. He offered lots of info above and beyond the warranty problem. information on brakes, fluids, pads...He also gave me some history on the car thru the VIN#. I feel very comfortable with him and I have an appointment around the middle part of july. according to mapquest only about a 3 hour drive.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone that gave advise and offered to help. I spent some time talking to Chuck Tator on the phone this morning. He offered lots of info above and beyond the warranty problem. information on brakes, fluids, pads...He also gave me some history on the car thru the VIN#. I feel very comfortable with him and I have an appointment around the middle part of july. according to mapquest only about a 3 hour drive.

Well worth the drive too, Ain't none better than Chuck :2tu:

96GTS232

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chuck tator....my first choice...wait until you see his dealership; something out of a time warp. but knowledge and care of a viper, second to none. only person allowed to touch my viper(and that goes for my girlfriend!! lol) do yourself a favor; leave around 4am to beat turnpike traffic; you'll thank me later.

V

venms96

I didn't think those recalls were that big of a deal, are they ? The one dealt with welding of the frame or something ?? Not necessary unless you are racing it ?? The original owner of my car ( Boston, Mass ) was terrified to drop his Viper off anywhere to let anyone do any of the recalls. Now, this doesn't hold true for Tator's, I understand that and others who are careful with these cars.
Thanks for any helpful info.

venms96

Kerry, did you get insurance yet.....pool boy ?? Ed's a no-show !!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search here on this Recall. There are some nightmare stories! :eek:

I have done to date 198 of these Recalls and had to re-do 18 from 18 different Dealers that did them wrong! :buttkick:

It is FREE to you and it is an enhancement to your Viper! :2tu: When I am all done with one, it looks like factory. :cool:

DCTECH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tator had to redo a recall done at warnock,call Tator & get info!!