1996 Window Outer Door Glass Weatherstrip

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question on the outer door glass weatherstrip on a 1996 GTS. Both my left and right doors are either "cracked" or the weatherstrip was always a 2-piece. I'm assuming mine are cracked but I've looked at a lot of photos on-line and some look to be one piece and some cracked/2-piece. I look at photos for 1997's and it appears there is a different style for 1997 and that is a one piece.

I've looked a the part number for the replacement outer door glass weatherstrip and the images I see do not look like my weatherstrip below the stanchion (there is no "change in height" as mine has at the start of the stanchion).

What is correct for a 1996?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Big E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in 98 or so, I took my 96 GTS to the dealership for some warranty work. They told me there was a "TSB" (I think that's what they called it) on those weatherstrips. The two piece is assembly line correct but the one piece looks good to me.

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back in 98 or so, I took my 96 GTS to the dealership for some warranty work. They told me there was a "TSB" (I think that's what they called it) on those weatherstrips. The two piece is assembly line correct but the one piece looks good to me.
In 97 they went 1 piece. Unless they are junk, don't touch it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dirk Pitt

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation on the 2 piece design in '96. I'll leave them alone as you suggest as they are in decent shape - just an odd design, hence the reason they went to a one-piece in 1997!

daveg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation on the 2 piece design in '96. I'll leave them alone as you suggest as they are in decent shape - just an odd design, hence the reason they went to a one-piece in 1997!
Yes, leave them, just one of a few things unique about the 96 and due to keeping it original, I personally wouldn't touch them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala