1998 RT/10, Is it worth it??

jamie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is almost a done deal & just want to make sure it's a decent one. 1998 Red RT/10, no mods, both tops, 2700miles
for $53,900.00. Also, does $600.00 seem about right to have the car delivered 600 miles?
Please give me your opinion, hopefully I will have my dream car real soon.

Also
Thanks alot
Jamie

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car price sounds reasonable for the very low mileage. Transport seems a little high - but the loading/unloading charge is a large portion of the total transport cost.

Post some pics when you get her.

Anthony

PS. Best year and color - but I might be biased.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good deal. I agree with Anthony, best year, color and I'll add model to the list.
smile.gif
But I'm definitly biased.

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BYT U L8R:
Just 600 miles? Sounds like an awesome weekend if the weather is good!! Pick it up yourself.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto!

I don't think I'll buy a car without inspecting it myself. Except when it's coming from Bill P./Woodhouse.

OP
OP
J

jamie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys...Now it seems they confused my Viper with a 2000 they also have. Anyways now the miles are at 4600 on the 1998. The dealer/broker is April Miller but Team Motorsports has the car. Has anyone dealt with them before? Does this sound strange?

Thanks much
Jamie

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of the mileage, it sounds like a resonable offer, assuming you had a pre-purchase inspection done. Prior to buying my 99 RT/10, I had the owner take it to a dodge dealership of my choice for pre-purchase inspection...well worth the money with peace of mind.

As for the shipping, save the 600.00 and buy a one way ticket to where ever your purchasing the car. The drive home will give you plenty of time to bond with your new snake.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That should tell you all you need to know about doing business with them. I have one word for you.......ready?.......say it with me......W-O-O-D-H-O-U-S-E. Stop being stroked. PS&gt; 98 a great year. Too bad.

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Tommy come lately here, but ~53K for the 98 sounds like a good deal...

Grind em on price for the 2000...Tell them they screwed you on the 98, they gave their word, what kinda business is that??? etc etc...If they have any conscience they need to make it up to you on the 2000...If the games persist, well, I guess its WOODHOUSE....

Tomer..

Kevin Stitely

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jamie,
I picked this up off the classified section of VCA:

FOR SALE: 1998 Viper RT/10, Red 03/27/2002 — $49,900 Details
Beautiful, Red, and ready to go. Unfortunately my 1998 RT/10 has to go. My wife says we are buying a Motorhome and taking the family for a year long trip around the country. So its goodbye Viper for me, and "Good Buy" Viper for you. This car has only 6800 miles on it and is in great shape. So give me a call and come see this beauty.
Call Chris at 201-573-4059 or email me at [email protected]

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ERIC, you bought the best possible car anyway...And I am a little biased too...

We both need to set up avatar's to show off the beautiful 96's....We both have one of ~ 324...

Tomer
96 RT

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! What about us black 96 R/t's my brothers? Other than 10 minutes after washing the car it's dirty, were the same.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Remember, last year of the Gen I. I see "collectors item" in our future.
smile.gif

Mike

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wilddude, you are definitely a brother!! DO you recall how many were made in black with silver stripes? I know the numbers are on this site...

Our 96 RT's are the first RT's to get stripes...Kewl...

Tomer