1998 Viper Crash - Could be a respost

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3onXv7F-ezw

Visitors to Austin, Texas were shooting videotape of scenery while going up steep hill of RR2222 by Lake Travis. Dodge Viper racing behind another vehicle at +100 mph doesn't see Toyota going up the hill ahead of him doing only 50 mph. Video clip of crash. Idiot driver of Dodge Viper had just bought his new Viper 3 weeks earlier.

Last edited:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think somebody had posted on here before about Viper owners that have wrecks the percentage was pretty high within the first 30 days. Maybe they can re-post or try the search feature.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you notice the guy he was following and messing around with didn't even have his headlights on? Then he just dodged left and let his buddy have a big surprise!

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh snap, that viper got burned by that Eclipse. I wonder if the Eclipse driver even stopped or just kept going?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why didn't that idiot viper driver just steer onto the shoulder / hillside instead of victimizing the innocent :dunno:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why didn't that idiot viper driver just steer onto the shoulder / hillside instead of victimizing the innocent :dunno:

Might not have been able to at that point. It's a GEN I Viper and he was panic stopping. Pretty sure the brakes had locked up. Sounded like it. :(

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Because he didn't have anti-lock brakes... I bet that guy stomped 'em so hard his leg muscles locked up too!!

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, they locked the fronts big time, flying up that crazy long hill heading up to 620 and plowed into that *** car. One would hope they are ok, but no airbag in that RT/10, they may have been hurt. I used to travel that road quite often back in those days before the road was widened. Always scared about an accident heading down the hill, because it's so long, but not up it. Weird... Hopefully they were ok.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure an inquiry to kevinmadison.com could provide an answer, along with the size of the settlement.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte