1st Snake Hydes interior Complete (pics)

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally, finally, finally, I have my interior back in my car. This was at the very least a valuable learning experience. I made all the mistakes and then some, but in the end I think it all will pay off. 1st mistake: I advertised the product on this board far to early. 2nd mistake: I had a No-Viper owner/enthusiast for a business partner and he started to let greed take over and wanted to start charging "Viper-Tax" If everyone will remember NO "Viper-Tax", is why I wanted to start this company. He would promise me dates and not deliver and if he would do this to me what could I expect for my customers. You guys would have run my A$$ off so fast I would not know if I was coming or going.
The only thing that needs to be redone is the door panels because the sewed seams do not line up exactly where I would like them. One thing I learned is that the factory panel inserts have to have all of the material removed before it can be re-covered. This takes around 4-hours per panel. I am working on several new items sure to be a big success. Thanks for all the interest. Here are some finished pics.
190door_panels___finished_int_pic0001-med.jpg

190door_panels___finished_int_pic0002-med.jpg

190Finished_interior_1-med.jpg

190finished_interior_2-med.jpg

190finished_interior_3-med.jpg

Keep in mind I have not figured out the full capibilities of my digital camera and these pictures do not reflect the real color selection. It is referred to as camel and It is very rich looking. Here is a little better color example of my Camel seats with red stitching.
190my_seats_in_tan0002-med.jpg

190my_seats_in_tan0001-med.jpg

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock '94 RT/10 Viper Seats re-covered in Full Leather. Un-like the factory seat covers that are leather on the seating surface and vinyl on the outsides. Before:
190interior_test_fit0004.jpg

During:
190my_seats_in_tan0003-med.jpg

After:
190my_seats_in_tan0001-med.jpg

Somehow the lighting in the pictures are not good, and it does not reflect the actual color of the interior. Also the factory seat covers are pulled very very tight, like they have had a face lift. I opted to leave mine a little looser, for a more luxury look and a plush but yet solid feel. (Very comfortable!!)I really do not see where you get "Vette" from. What a terrible thing to say
supergrin.gif

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a comment, the leather on the bolsters looks like it could be tightened up a bit. It seems to be puckering at several places.

JBS99HT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GCHDEALER,

Your work looks great. How much would it cost for just the seat covers, and what color combo do you recomend?. I have a Silver with Blue stripes ACR.

Thanks

OP
OP
G

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a close up of the speaker grills.
190speaker_logo_1-med.jpg

The decal was made by a local sign shop. It is actually two decals one in silver with a smaller red decal laid over the top and then stuck to the glove box simultaneously. It really matches the speaker grills and the MGW goodies in the car. As far as the seats are concerned they are very simple to pull tight. I left it a little loose to give it a plush look. It looks really good in 1st person, but if tight is what you want it is very easy to do. JBS99HT you have mail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery