2 days ago I got my first Viper!!!!!!!

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm on my sidekick right now so I can't post pics but ill post them tonight when I get home from work. I bought the car from Bernie @ BJMotors and it was all stock exept for filters and a rear muffler delete. We talked about it and I had him do the kw coilovers, b&m short shifter with a ripper knob, 20" rear and 19" front rims with nitto invo tires, belanger headers, rt high flow cats, corsa exhaust, 3.55 gears, 2" seat lowering, plugs wires and all fluids changed, mgw gas cap, and I might be missing something so if I think of it later ill put it down. Oh and all this went on a beutiful 96 GTS with 19000 miles. I got one with a few more miles then others because it was a little cheaper and I plan on driving it all I can.
Now with all that said I live in warrenton va. So I had a great hour and a half first ride home. On the way a cop past me on I-64 while I was doing 80 just to look at the car. The car is slammed to the ground and let me tell you I-64 is no friend of stiff suspension. Also on my drive I notice everyone take 2 sometimes 3 looks at it. That really swole my head. So then I drive through fredricksburg to get gas. At the gas station a guy in his company truck s-10 revs his motor and yells as loud as he could he## yeah that what I'm f####ing talking about. No he wasn't some punk kid but was about in his late 40's. He then went in and before I could put 3 gallons of gas in the car he comes back out saying he couldn't even get anyting in the store until he came to look at the car. He then pulled up his jacket sleeve and showed me his goose bumps. He was totally hiped up. So then when I left he pulled up beside me at the light so I gave him a quock rev and he was shaking his fist out the window screaming great things about the car then almost pulled out in front of traffic. I then drove the car to show my mom and stepdad and after the first night I put a little over 150 miles on it. Went to work yesterday got off and drove it another 150 miles. Alls I can say is
WHAT A GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It drives easeir than my 05 SRT-4. I mean all those magazine articles I've read just must of been wrote buy total duches. Yes the tranny clunks a little at low revs but it shifts fine goes into gear great and there's no having to pussyfoot with it. The ride with the coilovers all the way down is great, a little rough on bad roads but highways and good roads makes it feal great. I just can't say enough good things about the car I'm just still in awww. Ill probly go home today and drive it another 150 miles. I also love the cam and the way it shakes the car, the one to two shift with the peddal 3/4 of the way down was insane (learning a little at a time) and the beuty of the curves and color just can't be described. Just wanted to post a little something about my car and first gas stop xpereince. If someone will pm me a email to send the pictures so they could post them I'd love to get them on here tonight. Hope everyone has a great day. 7.5 hours and I get to see my car again.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL - nice enthusiastic report - WELCOME and take it easy (gas-pedal-wise)!

The first days of ownership are sometimes the last - wink-wink...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TORQUE !!! LOW END TORQUE !!!

And, putting the pedal to the metal can be dangerous in a VIPER.

It's a snake and can bite back!

Read about the numerous crahs on this site.

So, taking it easy in the first few weeks seems to be a good advise to newbies.

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I'm taking it easy. Wow is this a true muscle car or what. I love it and now I only have 4.0 hours untill I get to drive it some more. I can't wait!

V

Venomiss

Welcome on your new Viper! Pictures when you get them and be sure and join the VCA!

Shiny side up.:drive:

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great report from fist drive!

"I just can't say enough good things about the car I'm just still in awww"

I have had mine a little over a year now and I am still in awww! I dont think that goes away :D every time my garage door slowly opens to reveal her I get this big goofy grin on my face! :D

Oh and very nice first mod list!!!:2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Viperdom! Put your vin in your profile so we can upgrade your title to Viper owner. No one can see it except us Mods.Then go to Dodge VIPER Magazine or call 800.998.1110 and join VCA. You are living in the middle of a very active VCA Region with many members and something on the agenda just about every other week.
PM me when you get your VCA number so I can get you on our email and snail mail list. If you join online wait a couple days then call them to get the number, it will take too long otherwise. If you have any problems whatever joining PM me and I will take care of it for you.

blackdog-911

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had mine on the road about 3 months...get the cars specs down because about every other stop you'll get questions and comments

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I dont know how to post the pics so if anyone can help me with that it would be great.

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome to the family! Always great to see a fellow red ACR (my stripes aren't factory).

So, what are your plans for the new ride? Take it to the track? Car shows? Or just tool around town? :)

Personally after spending time on the track, it's clear to me that the only way to push the Viper to the limit is on the track.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nate - congrats on the car!! I'm not far from you, we got to do the RT 211 run. You'll have a blast on that road going over the blueridge if you have never done it. There is also some guys in Fredericksburg you need to meet. They do a regular Saturday lunch thing. Welcome and join the VCA!!!

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks much fast too. Do the guys in fredricksburg happen to drive a blue and white and a silver with blue stripes. If so I saw them this past saturday. I drove by twice to check the cars out even though I was getting mine in a couple days. I would love to do the 211 drive. I've been over the mountains a few times but never in a car like the Viper, I have family that live in speryville. I'm also still waiting on someone to email my pics to so they can post them. Also you wouldn't happen to know anything about adjusting kw coilovers would you.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks much fast too. Do the guys in fredricksburg happen to drive a blue and white and a silver with blue stripes. If so I saw them this past saturday. I drove by twice to check the cars out even though I was getting mine in a couple days. I would love to do the 211 drive. I've been over the mountains a few times but never in a car like the Viper, I have family that live in speryville. I'm also still waiting on someone to email my pics to so they can post them. Also you wouldn't happen to know anything about adjusting kw coilovers would you.

Nate that is them. There is also a red GTS in Fredericksburg. You should be able to download the instructions from KW's site. I have the spanner wrench if Brad or Bernie didn't give you one. I'm sure they would be happy to adjust also if you don't think it is right. That would be an excuse for a long drive. Send me a PM and I'll post for you later today. I have to step out now.

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it happened again. I stopped to get gas and the same thing happened again at the gas station. random people asking questions, walking out of there way to take another look, saying nice car what is it, and an older gentleman just talking about his old cars and how he thought about getting one but never did. This car is like no other car ever made.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like our regional president's license plate reads; "you've been bit!" :)

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, enjoy it and take it easy at first. In a few months you'll be asking for more power. When that time comes.... a built motor and a set of 72mm hair dryers will do you just fine. ;)
Seriously though, enjoy the car and start slow with the mods if you want more in due time.

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks and I think that for now the mods I have are going to hold me over for a little while. But already thinking about the roe supercharger. Can you ever really have enough tourqe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redphazer