2 days from my first vca event and

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a semi has a blow out ...we got hit by the tire...there was a jag in front of me which was not driveable after the incident

w21.JPG

w11.JPG

w31.JPG

w41.JPG

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****! I'm so sorry! I hope you were able to get the insurance info from the semi. Had this happen to me on vacation and the state police stopped the guy and he paid for everything.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the turtle-hit.....but:

We can ship new parts tomorrow, 50% off MSRP. Insurance will probably pay 90% of MSRP + labor.
You do the math.................................

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Damn,

Looks like you were very lucky, only need a new fascia.

Good luck,

Dan

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the semi had no choice but to pull over as his rig was not stable without the tire....Texas DPS got his info

There is damage not just to the front bumper but also the left fender, wheel well plastic, and obviously the fog light is gone...the rocker panel will also need some paint work...

i have an appointment with the Geico rep on friday morning....Jon B i will certainly mention your name...would it be best if i just gave u're info to the body shop or should i mention you to the adjuster as well? Also do u stock all these parts ???

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO sorry to hear about this...the car CAN be fixed, lives cannot. Hopefully the people in the Jag ahead of you were okay, tho their car was not driveable (totalled possibly?). ALL my best to you. ~juli

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you ran over some serious rubber based on the marks behind your wheel. Make sure they check everything underneath out and the suspension and sway bar. Good luck.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
......i have an appointment with the Geico rep on friday morning....Jon B i will certainly mention your name...would it be best if i just gave u're info to the body shop or should i mention you to the adjuster as well? Also do u stock all these parts ???....

Here is what would work best for YOU (not me, not the body shop, not Geico)

1) Let Geico and the Shop do an estimate. Be SURE they include a complete alignment.

2) Get the check made out to YOU ......or to YOU and the SHOP.

3) YOU BUY THE PARTS from PartsRack.....our new parts prices will be HUNDREDS of dollars below what was paid by insurance, not only absorbing any deductible but leaving you money ahead.

4) Of course the shop wants to make ALL the profit, parts and labor......but he will still make a ton on prep and finish and paint and remove-replace labor. And, you could also agree to a cost+ deal, "gifting" the shop a part of your astute savings.

5) IMPORTANT: Is GEICO the unsurer for the TRUCKER or for YOU? Or BOTH? Best to CALL ME -BEFORE- you talk much more with insurance. We should also talk about DIMINISHED VALUE on your Viper.

ps: ANONYMITY ON THIS BOARD *****...... I wish I knew your real name....VCA site defaults to HIDE who you really are....... it should be a 2nd choice option.

Last edited:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is what would work best for YOU (not me, not the body shop, not Geico)

1) Let Geico and the Shop do an estimate.

2) Get the check made out to YOU ......or to YOU and the SHOP.

3) YOU BUY THE PARTS from PartsRack.....our new parts prices will be HUNDREDS of dollars below what was paid by insurance, not only absorbing any deductible but leaving you money ahead.

4) Of course the shop wants to make ALL the profit, parts and labor......but he will still make a ton on prep and finish and paint and remove-replace labor. And, you could also agree to a cost+ deal, "gifting" the shop a part of your astute savings.

5) IMPORTANT: Is GEICO the unsurer for the TRUCKER or for YOU? Or BOTH? Best to CALL ME -BEFORE- you talk much more with insurance. We should also talk about DIMINISHED VALUE on your Viper.

ps: ANONYMITY ON THIS BOARD *****...... I wish I knew your real name....VCA site defaults to HIDE who you really are....... it should be a 2nd choice option.

Jon is seriously the BEST at this. He's helped countless members with their unfortunate insurance claims and costs. When it's all over, it will be most helpful to have your Viper repaired properly as good as new AND not have to go into your pocket to do it. With Jon's help, there's a good chance you'll have something left over for your trouble! :)

OP
OP
W

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome advice and also thanks for the well wishes/concerns

First and foremost i want the car to be fixed with the highest quality so i have chosen to use one of our dealers who sponsors this site rather than a local body shop...LEE YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR ONCE...

Cost does come second but if i can work with the dealer/body shop and get Jon.B involved then all the more better...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome advice and also thanks for the well wishes/concerns

First and foremost i want the car to be fixed with the highest quality so i have chosen to use one of our dealers who sponsors this site rather than a local body shop...LEE YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY FOR ONCE...

Cost does come second but if i can work with the dealer/body shop and get Jon.B involved then all the more better...

Which dealership? Woodhouse?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang