2" Seat Lowering Kit Installation

ddasilva99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a new 2" Seat Lowering Kit from PartsRack.com and I am installing it this afternoon. I am trying to get the two front brackets to line up properly to go into car floor but I am having a helluva time. Any ideas how to get the front brackets to line up with the holes in the car floor?

Also, I noticed a metal bracket came with my kit but it doesn't tell me what to do with it. What is this bracket?

As you can tell the instructions are quite poor and the photocopier used to make the copy did a very bad job with the illustrations. If you have an electronic copy of your 2" seat lowering kit instructions please PM me.

Thanks everyone in advance,
D

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To align the seat brackets, just stick a screw driver through the hole in the bracket then put the tip of the driver in the hole in the floor and pry it over. That's what I did.

With the seat tracks off of it, the whole seat flexes quite easily.:2tu:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the same subject; does the 2" kit move the seat forward? I looked at the pictures of the bracket and under my seat and it looks like it would.
Thanks

Reaction score
The seat will be moved noticeably closer and there will be very little thigh support. The brace is to keep the seat back adjuster stabilized, without it the back of the seat can be pulled forward and back without the latch disengaged.

A related topic, make sure the ratcheting adjuster for the seat back is attached properly and allows the release palls to work freely on both sides. If you squish it down the ratchet on the inside may not catch and the seat is unstable. You may have to be inventive to make this work properly, don't take chances make sure it's right.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy it looks more, like about 3". I slid my seat to where it looks like it does in the drawings I have and my knees hit the dash.

I overcame the forward issue with some inginuity and a steel plate. Now im two inches lower and all the way back as it should be. The forward position just annoyed me terribly on the track.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shandon 'Quote' I overcame the forward issue with some inginuity and a steel plate. Now im two inches lower and all the way back as it should be. The forward position just annoyed me terribly on the track.

I can see extending the front brackets but how about the rears and if you moved the rear bracket were you still able to get tothe bolts.

Thanks all for the info. Still deciding.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I put my 2" kit on my '09, I didn't notice the seat going forward much at all. In fact, with the seat rake set at a comfortable position, the seat back is up against the back wall. I'm 6'3" and with the 2" kit, the seat position feels like it was tailor made just for me - it's 100% perfect. I think that, if the seat were any further back, it would have been impossible to install the kit - there was just barely enough room to get my hands behind the seat to bolt it down as it is.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I put my 2" kit on my '09, I didn't notice the seat going forward much at all. In fact, with the seat rake set at a comfortable position, the seat back is up against the back wall. I'm 6'3" and with the 2" kit, the seat position feels like it was tailor made just for me - it's 100% perfect. I think that, if the seat were any further back, it would have been impossible to install the kit - there was just barely enough room to get my hands behind the seat to bolt it down as it is.

Martin, thanks for the feedbsck.

ddasilva99, have you installed the kit yet?

sniper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a new 2" Seat Lowering Kit from PartsRack.com and I am installing it this afternoon. I am trying to get the two front brackets to line up properly to go into car floor but I am having a helluva time. Any ideas how to get the front brackets to line up with the holes in the car floor?

Also, I noticed a metal bracket came with my kit but it doesn't tell me what to do with it. What is this bracket?

As you can tell the instructions are quite poor and the photocopier used to make the copy did a very bad job with the illustrations. If you have an electronic copy of your 2" seat lowering kit instructions please PM me.

Thanks everyone in advance,
D

Call up the place you got them from and have them email you better instructions, thats the least they can do... :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang