>>20 inch wheels and tramlining<<

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I am going crazy with how much my SRT-10 tramlines on the road with 20 inch HRE wheels and tires.

Any of you that run 20's all the way around, have you found a tire that doesn't yank you left and right like crazy?

I own 3 vipers and run a variety of wheels from 17 inch to the 20 inch that I have, and only the 20" do this. Rnning 19's all the way around with Pilot Sports and you can barely feel any tramlining. Put the 20's on the same car and its a white knuckle ride down the freeway rnning along a freeway conrete devider.

I am running the Perrelli tires on there that I bought about 6 months ago.

-Manny

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Manny, that is why I went with the HRE 20 inch rears and 19 inch fronts.
If my memory serves me correct J.W. from HRE gave me that advice.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to adjust / check your alignment. A car doesn't know what wheel / tire is underneath it unless the above change has thrown something out of whack.

Or, the smaller slip angle of the lower profile 20" fronts has REALLY changed the feel and the car is entirely too edgy.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im fairly certain it is the tire. I have had it on two different Vipers (SRT10 and GTS) with WAAAAY different suspnesion setups, and both react the same to ruts and rooves in the road. I had the car almost pull off the road on some grooves I didn't even know were there before mounting these tires.

It's seriously so bad that I won't drive in the fast lane next to any concerete medians.

-M

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog