20' wheels

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 20\' wheels

I love startech wheels...they look badass!! I don't think there should be a problem but most people do go with a 19/20" setup.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

is it proper to switch to 20" wheels front and rear without changing ride height or springs or whatever? 285/30 20 on the front and 345/25 20 on the rear. thanks http://www.startech.de/homee.htm go to programs, and look at the viper

If you choose to go with 20 inch front wheels, I believe you will regret that decision.
I talked with a couple guys who did the 20's in the front and are very disapointed in how the car handles.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

is it proper to switch to 20" wheels front and rear without changing ride height or springs or whatever? 285/30 20 on the front and 345/25 20 on the rear. thanks http://www.startech.de/homee.htm go to programs, and look at the viper

If you choose to go with 20 inch front wheels, I believe you will regret that decision.
I talked with a couple guys who did the 20's in the front and are very disapointed in how the car handles.

I would have to agree with Brian. Unless you use motons.

vd..

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the 20" setup on my snake. My major problem is when I have to open the hood which gets caught on the 20" wheels, other than that, I love the 20" setup.

VIPERMIKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score

19"Front 20"Rear looks and handles great, but you can't get slicks for the rear if you want to go to the track. Look at my pics if you want to see how they look.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks! I just ordered a set of HRE 840Rs. Painted black centers w/polished lips. 20 rear and 19 front. :D

OP
OP
V

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks! I just ordered a set of HRE 840Rs. Painted black centers w/polished lips. 20 rear and 19 front. :D

from where? what did they cost, and with what tires? thanks

i used to live 1 mile from the HRE factory, i toured it a few times, the guys there are super cool and its a real nice place with quality all around and good workmanship into the product. they brought out several sets of wheels to hold up to the viper to see how they would look on the car. i didnt buy any wheels yet however

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

from where? what did they cost, and with what tires? thanks

i used to live 1 mile from the HRE factory, i toured it a few times, the guys there are super cool and its a real nice place with quality all around and good workmanship into the product. they brought out several sets of wheels to hold up to the viper to see how they would look on the car. i didnt buy any wheels yet however

John B at parts rack. Mine were 6350 w/0 tires. Tires are Pirelli P Rosso ... you welcome. :2tu:

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Luckily, my first order with iForged messed up because the people there are basically idiots. The importer I was ordering through was really pissed at them and said he would do anything to make it up to me, and he wanted to get rid of the tires that he already purchased. So, I got HRE 540Rs comin... 19x11.5 and 20x13, chrome lip, matte black centers, 2 inch lip in the front, 3 inch in the back.... 8,000$ Canadian WITH tires

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Luckily, my first order with iForged messed up because the people there are basically idiots. The importer I was ordering through was really pissed at them and said he would do anything to make it up to me, and he wanted to get rid of the tires that he already purchased. So, I got HRE 540Rs comin... 19x11.5 and 20x13, chrome lip, matte black centers, 2 inch lip in the front, 3 inch in the back.... 8,000$ Canadian WITH tires

Um holy [******]! Nico who did you buy them off of? (Stores name?)

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

19 x 11.5 wow thats really wide for the fronts. It you hit a big bump the tire will catch the fender. also the car will follow ruts more.

vd..

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the 20" setup on my snake. My major problem is when I have to open the hood which gets caught on the 20" wheels, other than that, I love the 20" setup.

But that's a difference. GEN I / II suspension has a setup for the same size front and rear. In example 18".
SRT/10 setup for 18" inch front, and 19" rear is totally screwed with same sizes overall. Geometry doesn't fit anymore.

When Startech presented the SRT/10 they first had the 20"ers overall, but after a few testdrives they went down to 19" front, since the cars handling was seriously affected from that change.

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was more of a one time deal cause they messed up my first order. Doubt they would make no profit again

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte